Supply Chain Quality SpecialistJob ID 19-924
Location Stratham, New Hampshire
The Supply Chain Quality Specialist is responsible for supporting retail channels and Lindt USA's Approved Supplier Program. In this role the employee will support the qualification and external auditing program for both suppliers and retail stores. This includes scheduling, auditing and managing all supporting compliance documentation and corrective actions. This position will be the key Quality Assurance representative for any supply chain and retail store initiatives. Additionally, this position will support both customer, consumer service and intercompany inquiries, leading and completing the investigation and corrective action process.
Essential Job Functions & Responsibilities:
Supply Chain Program
- Manages the supplier qualification and auditing program; including scheduling and performing raw material, packaging and co-manufacturer vendor audits, writing audit reports and corrective action management.
- Coordinates and oversees the qualification and maintenance of raw material and packaging vendor QA/food safety required documentation. Manages the Raw Ingredient Vendor Approval (RIVA) process.
- Supports the Supplier Corrective Action Report (SCAR) process by writing, reviewing and ensuring that SCARs are closed out in a timely manner and corrective actions are approved and implemented in a sustainable way.
QA/Food Safety for Retail Stores
- Ensures retail store operations are compliant with all Lindt quality and food safety expectations as well as local, state and federal regulations.
- Coaches mentors and trains retail team on food safety and quality topics and procedures
- Supports all new Lindt Chocolate Experience related product/packaging/process initiatives and ensures all related work instructions are clearly documented and up to date.
- Manages the retail store auditing program, which includes planning, scheduling and executing audits. Ensures audit corrective actions are managed and closed in a timely manner. Drives quality and food safety retail performance based on yearly audit trends and improvement opportunities.
- Oversees retail store sanitation services and pest control contractor.
Customer and Consumer Complaint Investigations
- Leads the investigation process for all customer, consumer and intercompany product quality and food safety issues, ensuring root cause analysis and the completion and implementation of corrective and preventative actions.
- Drives improvement initiatives across the organization through collaboration and the sharing of complaint trends and improvement opportunities.
- Acts as key QA contact and support for customer and consumer services inquiries.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- 2-3 years prior Food Safety & Quality experience in a food production environment.
- Experience implementing and managing food safety systems.
- Proficient in MS Office applications.
- Proficient in JDE, and proven knowledge of database systems.
Skills & Knowledge:
- Proven knowledge of Food Safety, Sanitation and Quality systems- Preferably FSSC 22000
- Knowledge of food safety and regulatory requirements
- Able to manage multiple projects and multiple priorities.
- Demonstrated success managing projects
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills, and detail oriented.
- BS degree in Food Science, Microbiology, Chemistry, Nutrition, Biology, or related field
- Formal training in sanitation/food safety/regulatory
- HACCP Certified (HACCP Alliance)
- MBA or Masters degree in food science or related field (preferred)
- Preventive Control Qualified Individual (PCQI) (preferred)
- Able to work on holidays and travel at least 30%
As a multi-channel, fast-growing consumer goods company, we recognize that in a competitive market, hiring the right talent makes all the difference. To create happy and loyal Lindt consumers, we need to hire and retain empowered and results-driven Lindt employees. Our teams are comprised of inspired and dedicated professionals who stretch the boundaries of a typical career experience by living our Core Values and making a difference in our business every day. To learn more about our culture and teams, visit www.Jobs.LindtUSA.com.
Our Core Values:
- Passion For The Best - At Lindt we have pride and passion for what we do -- we aspire for excellence in everything.
- In It Together - At Lindt we are one team with a shared purpose -- we invest in our relationships and value each other.
- Always Evolving - At Lindt we shape our future -- we take opportunities to improve, adapt to change and build on our strengths.
- Make An Impact - At Lindt we take responsibility for driving results -- we focus on what matters to deliver on our commitments.
This job description is not exhaustive and the Company reserves the right to adjust the job description as well as ask employees to undertake additional or different job responsibilities. Lindt and Sprüngli is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, age, veteran status, or any other classification protected by state, local or federal law. Applicants for this position must successfully pass a background screening and may be required to pass drug screenings as well. All Lindt & Sprüngli (USA) Inc. properties are smoke and tobacco free.