Sr. Manager, Store Planning & Real EstateApply Now Job ID 17-487
Location Stratham, New Hampshire
This individual manages the process of real estate management, planning, construction and the ongoing maintenance of all retail store formats. In addition, this person is responsible for conducting real estate analysis, site selection, lease administration and executes the strategy for new store openings and prototypes.
Essential Job Functions/Key Accountabilities
Real Estate Management:
- Working with the Vice President of Retail, this individual is responsible for retail store site selection through a combination of visits, demographics review, and financial analysis. This individual represents the Company when dealing with landlords, attorneys, brokers and real estate representatives; and ensures deals protect business interests and are completed in a timely, cost effective manner.
- In collaboration with the Vice President of Retail, this individual visits all potential retail store site locations and will provide all information needed for Senior Management decision making (i.e included but not limited to: demographics, store comparisons, business cases, etc.).
- Manage store opening/remodel process and timelines.
- Schedule possession dates that meet store opening timelines. Initiate and conduct consistent follow up to ensure required activity on existing leases are executed in a timely manner.
- Develop and maintain an 18 month rolling real estate database focusing on store Sales and Direct Store Profit (DSP). In conjunction, with the support of Finance, continuously audit lease related charges to ensure compliance and resolve discrepancies when necessary.
- Collaborate with the visual and design teams to ensure design elements support key brand attributes. Consistently monitor consumer and industry trends to ensure store layouts evolve accordingly.
- Monitor and maintain a consistent operational retail store design strategy to ensure optimal product showcasing and cost effective build-out approaches.
- Create a premium brand store environment within budgetary guidelines while ensuring financial investments deliver expected return on investment commensurate with store volume.
- In coordination with Finance, maintain a comprehensive database, conduct ongoing analysis of all store formats and implement continuous value-engineering initiatives, as required.
- Oversee the timely, cost efficient build-outs of all new retail locations, including temporary stores, remodels and new design retrofits.
- Provide direction and guidance, as necessary, to externally contracted Construction and/or Broker partners to ensure the contractor/vendor bid and negotiating process is executed within established timelines and financial parameters, without compromising the company's quality standards.
- Manage and facilitate the development of all Real Estate related budgets, planning, accruals, T&E, and corporate expenses while ensuring that internal and external customer's needs are met in a timely and efficient manner within approved budgetary guidelines.
- Negotiate and follow-up on all Tenant Allowances in a timely manner.
- In partnership with Finance, develop and present investment proposals and review terms of new deals to ensure they are in line with market trends and deliver the optimum return on investment.
- Monitor store budgets and actuals to ensure projects are not over spent. Work on Post Completion trackers on all new store openings and renovation projects.
Skills & Knowledge
- Demonstrated understanding of specialty retail store planning, design and construction
- Experience with Geographic Information Systems (Buxton preferred) and store location analysis.
- Ability to simultaneously manage multiple projects with varying complexity.
- Ability to anticipate and manage potential problems and develop creative solutions
- Ability to deliver results in an entrepreneurial environment
- Minimum of 7 years in negotiating leases in a retail environment.
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in retail design and construction; specialty environment P
- Minimum 3-5 years of managing internal and external partnerships.
- Minimum 3-5 years of project management software experience.
- Required: Bachelor's degree in Design, Architecture or related field
- Preferred: Master's degree preferred
- Travel: 25%+
It is impossible to list every requirement for, or responsibility of, any position. Similarly we cannot identify all the skills a position may require since job responsibilities and the Company's needs may change over time. Therefore, the above job description is not comprehensive or exhaustive. The Company reserves the right to adjust, add to or eliminate any aspect of the above description. The Company also retains the right to require all employees to undertake additional or different job responsibilities when necessary to meet business needs.
Lindt and Sprüngli is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
Applicants for this position must successfully pass a background screening and may be required to pass drug screenings as well.