Senior Packaging Engineer
Why Lindt USA?
Join our nationally recognized culture and become part of our winning team of passionate, dynamic individuals who make an impact every day! Reap the benefits of joining a highly successful, fast-growing, company offering our employees meaningful career growth, professional development and a work/life balance:
As the key packaging resource for multiple brands and platforms, this position is responsible for independently leading complex packaging projects and supporting higher level technical initiatives. This will include developing innovative packaging formats from concept through implementation, optimization of existing packaging to drive value, and building competitive advantage as related to packaging. This individual will collaborate extensively with Marketing, Sales, D2C, Finance, IT, R&D and Quality, and all functions within Supply Chain (Procurement, Manufacturing, Customer Service, Logistics), to ensure timely completion of assigned packaging projects within the specified time, cost, and quality parameters.
- Lead technical delivery of base business projects independently while simultaneously supporting high complexity technical projects. Ensure defined needs for equity aesthetics, consumer acceptance, manufacturing capability, and quality are met from the program brief through design, engineering and commercialization. May lead multi-functional teams on some of these projects.
- Lead the conceptualization, initiation, development and implementation of new and improved packages and processes including: design generation, prototype development, engineering specifications, functionality and quality testing, and technology transfer.
- Demonstrate effective collaboration and leadership within a cross-functional team environment with minimal supervision (internal/external customers, including Operations, Supply Chain, and Brand teams).
- Provide subject matter expertise in selected packaging technology platform(s) while maintaining a working knowledge of the packaging principles and operating systems required to support Lindt’s business.
Range: $85,000 - $110,000 per year
Lindt USA’s salary range reflects market rates based on our size, revenue, and location. Starting pay is determined using a wide range of factors including, but not limited to, job-related skills, knowledge, and experience as well as market conditions. A bonus and/or long-term incentive may be included as part of this compensation package, for more information please reach out to our recruiting team.
Our Perks & Amenities:
In addition to a highly competitive salary, benefits package and professional development, Lindt USA offers an amazing, supportive culture that enables employees to thrive professionally while achieving work-life balance:
- Hybrid & flexible work options
- Start with 4 weeks of Paid Time Off
- Volunteer Time Off
- Holiday Pay
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental, and Vision plans
- 401(k) Plan with a 4% Company Match
- Up to 100% Tuition Reimbursement
- Fully equipped, on-site Fitness center & Locker rooms
- Paid Maternity & Paternity Leaves
- On-demand mental healthcare support
- Summer Hours
- Full-service Cafeteria
- Employee Resource Groups & Activity Clubs
- Free & Discounted Chocolate!
If you are looking to join a winning team and fast-track your career, contact us!
Lindt and Sprüngli USA is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants regardless of race, age, ethnicity, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status. This is not a comprehensive list of skills and requirements, and the role may change over time. Applicants for this position must successfully pass a background screening. Please contact the Human Resources department for more information.
- Minimum 8 years packaging related experience in CPG.
- Packaging development and manufacturing experience required.
- 3 plus years in a leadership role
- Global experience is a plus
Skills & Knowledge
- Functional knowledge of packaging materials, converting technology, and packaging operations.
- Must demonstrate understanding of package development process and engineering principles; strong mechanical aptitude.
- Has an understanding of the broader business perspective of a large, vertically integrated organization and is able to translate that knowledge into project design inputs.
- Strong project management skills required to implement multiple projects in a timely manner to meet required deadlines.
- Proficient in PC applications including MS Office; must be CAD literate- competent user of ArtiosCAD or equivalent and of CAPE or equivalent palletization software
Education & Certifications:
- BS, Packaging Engineering required
- MBA preferred
- Minimal travel; less than 5%.
- Minimal shift/weekend work; less than 5%.
- Occasional ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds
- Machine Operator - 3rd Shift - $3,000.00 Sign-On Bonus! Stratham, New Hampshire
- Machine Operator - 2nd Shift - $2,000 Sign-On Bonus! Stratham, New Hampshire
- Autonomous Maintenance Technician - 3rd Shift - $3,000.00 sign on bonus! Stratham, New Hampshire
Sign Up for Job Alerts
Register today to receive job alert emails about our newest opportunities.