Senior Creative ManagerJob ID 19-852
Location Stratham, New Hampshire
This position will oversee all internal and external creative design development and print production processes. The Senior Creative Manager creates and produces great designs and inspires others to take creativity to the next level. This position aligns team priorities with business objectives to deliver high-quality work on time and on budget. The Senior Creative Manager will manage two direct reports.
Essential Job Functions/Key Accountabilities
Creative Strategy and Development
- Manage the design, development and print production processes for multi-channel marketing needs from brief through delivery. Support Marketing and Sales through creative strategy and delivery on all internal programs and campaigns.
- Liaise with International Marketing organization to develop and manage all brand and design standards, style guides, and creative kits. Align with legal and QA on meeting all regulatory and FDA Guidelines. Ensure consistency of LINDT brand equity and be the "expert" in design and brand guidelines.
- Evaluate existing designs, marketplace, and trends in order to proactively make recommendations for design and/or guidelines which drive brand preference, growth, and strengthen equity.
- Art direct all photo shoots.
- Recruit and resource design agencies and freelance network to meet the evolving needs of our business. Develop resources that allow us to effectively manage multi-channel campaigns, creative assets and brand guidelines. Negotiate contracts and ensure communication on marketing campaigns and ongoing work.
- Provide leadership, motivation and inspiration to internal and external graphic designer staff to ensure ongoing development of their creative talent, prioritization of efforts and best in class executions.
- Oversee the print production team, print production and prepress processes. Support Print Production Manager in developing and maintaining vendor relationships.
- Build, direct, lead and develop a creative and responsive team. Create an atmosphere that fosters innovative thinking, collaboration and teamwork.
- Proactively manage the creative budget including forecasts, invoices and artwork expenditures, agency spend, and creative production costs.
- Oversee creative asset management and the process for allocating and retrieving supporting files to and from agencies.
- Identify and implement software, systems and tools to support the efficient management and production of all creative projects.
- Track key performance indicators in order to analyze and communicate creative workload, results, and adherence to metrics.
- Manage multiple complex tasks simultaneously and exhibit the ability to shift focus and direction when necessary.
- Develop and maintain an understanding of business goals and values and work collaboratively with cross functional partners to enhance design and group effectiveness.
- Action Oriented -- Enjoys working hard; is action oriented and full of energy for things he/ she sees as challenging; not fearful of acting with a minimum of planning; seizes more opportunities than others.
- Perseverance -- Pursues everything with energy, drive and a need to finish; seldom gives up before finishing, especially in the face of resistance or setbacks.
- Motivating Others -- Creates a climate in which people want to do their best; can motivate many kinds of direct reports and team or project members; can assess each person's hot button and use it to get the best out of him / her; pushes tasks and decisions down; empowers others; invites input from each person and shares ownership and visibility; makes each individual feel his / her work is important; is someone people like working for and with.
- Intellectual Horsepower -- Is bright and intelligent; deals with concepts and complexity comfortably; described as intellectually sharp, capable and agile.
- Managing and Measuring Work -- Clearly assigns responsibility for tasks and decisions; sets clear objectives and measures; monitors process, progress and results; designs feedback loops into work.
- Timely Decision Making -- Makes decisions in a timely manner, sometimes with incomplete information and under tight deadlines and pressure; able to make a quick decision.
- Time Management -- Uses his / her time effectively and efficiently; values time; concentrates his/ her efforts on the more important priorities; gets more done in less time than others; can attend to a broad range of activities.
Skills & Knowledge
- Experience managing a creative team
- Ability to lead, motivate and inspire both internal and external creative teams and key stakeholders
- Strong written, verbal and presentation skills
- Strong project management talent
- Understanding of global markets and organizations
- Deep knowledge of packaging design and technical requirements for file build, pre-media and successes on press
Advanced technical skills in Adobe Creative Suite programs (especially Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign) and proficiency in Microsoft Office Experience
- Minimum 5-8 years' experience in marketing leadership with creative branding focus
- Extensive background in marketing and advertising principles
- Strong experience with graphic fundamentals, print and web capabilities
- Demonstrated ability to develop infrastructure and process improvement and creation
Consumer Packaged Goods experience Education
- Minimum Bachelors Degree
- Masters Degree preferred in Graphic Design, Art, Communications or related field.
- Travel % - TBD
It is impossible to list every requirement for, or responsibility of, any position. Similarly we cannot identify all the skills a position may require since job responsibilities and the Company's needs may change over time. Therefore, the above job description is not comprehensive or exhaustive. The Company reserves the right to adjust, add to or eliminate any aspect of the above description. The Company also retains the right to require all employees to undertake additional or different job responsibilities when necessary to meet business needs.
Lindt and Sprüngli is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants without regard to race, national origin, gender, disability or veteran status.