At Lindt USA, we value our Retail Team’s commitment to providing every customer that walks into one of our Lindt Chocolate Shops a premium and unforgettable experience. From the smile on their face to the smooth melting Lindor Truffle sample they provide, every Retail Team Employee has the opportunity to make a lasting impression on our guests. If you love working in a fast-paced, customer-focused, retail environment, and share our passion for delivering a premium chocolate experience, we’d love to hear from you. We offer both part-time and full-time opportunities for retail professionals in all phases of their careers.
What makes a successful Retail Sales Associate at Lindt? Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix. Additional related traits listed below.
- Positive 10
- Results-driven 10
- Team Player 9
- Problem-solver 9
- Multi-tasker 8
- Adaptive 8
I like working at Lindt because we have direct partnerships between our stores, field leadership, and our home office, which I have not experienced anywhere else in the retail industry.Jenn G., Retail District Manager
Employee assistance program
Our Employee Assistance Program is available 24/7 to all Lindt employees to help them, and those in their household, manage life issues that can interefere with job performance and personal well-being.
Every employee who is 21+ is eligible to enroll; 100% company match up to 3% ( and 50% match on employee contributions over 3% but not more than 5%.) Immediately vested.
50% Employee Discount
All Lindt employees receive 50% off regularly priced merchandise at all Lindt Chocolate Shop locations.
All employees are offered vision coverage; Full-time employees also receive additional healthcare options.
Opportunities to grow your career within our retail stores, retail leadership, and corporate teams.
The ability to innovate, ask "what if,"and try new solutions without fear of failure.
In connection with your application, we collect information that identifies, reasonably relates to or describes you (“Personal Information”). The categories of Personal Information that we collect include your name, government-issued identification number(s), email address, mailing address, other contact information, emergency contact information, employment history, educational history, criminal record, and demographic information. We collect and use those categories of Personal Information about you for human resources and other business management purposes, including identifying and evaluating you as a candidate for potential or future employment or future contract positions, recordkeeping in relation to recruiting and hiring, conducting criminal background checks as permitted by law, conducting analytics, and ensuring compliance with applicable legal requirements and Company policies.
The individual in this position is responsible for assisting the Store Manager with achieving and/or exceeding the store's sales plan, while insuring profitable store operations and performing all functions necessary to provide superior customer service. This includes the appropriate control, management and/or development of all resources including store personnel, merchandise, cash and budget, and facilities. The Assistant Store Manager assumes supervisory responsibility in the Manager's absence.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS/KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
In partnership with the Store Manager, ensure store meets or exceeds weekly, monthly, annual sales budgets and consistently contributes to the company's overall achievement.
- Model Lindt standards and core competencies through everyday activities (leadership, commitment, passion, sales focus, drive for results, etc).
- Demonstrate a comprehensive understanding of the stores sales mission and the ability to communicate it effectively in actionable terms to the store staff.
- Is able to quanitifiably articulate overall store metrics and performance.
- Motivate staff, build brand commitment and hold staff accountable to meeting critical internal KPI's and external sales opportunities.
- Identify and capture external sales opportunities to include, but not limited to, business-to-business contacts, external networking events and marketing opportunities .
- Proactively manage inventory levels in accordance with store's individual trends to insure stock levels are in line with sales demands and quality assurance guidelines, while minimizing out of stocks, overstocks and dated product.
Support Store Manager with hiring, managing and developing store personnel according to Lindt & Sprüngli guidelines and standards in order to ensure a knowledgeable, friendly, well-trained staff.
- Assist with recruiting qualified individuals for open positions.
- Proactively and effectively network to provide viable candidates for the store and district.
- Help to train staff to company standards, ensuring daily operations and sales are achieved.
- Assist with training and developing staff sales techniques, insuring expert product knowledge is consistently demonstrated and the brand is accurately represented to the customer.
- Escalate issues to Store Manager and Retail District Manager in an effective and timely manner.
In partnership with the Store Manager, ensure store meets or exceeds company standards for operational controls.
- Inventory Control/Shrink.
- Cash Management (POS, paperwork, logs, Policies & Procedures).
- Responsible for audit compliance (DM Store Visits, Loss Prevention and Food Safety).
- Payroll/Labor Management.
- Compliance with specific store scheduling templates that are designed to meet the needs of the business.
- Expense Control (sampling, damages,supplies, etc.).
- Follow company directives in a timely and accurate manner.
- Comply with all quality assurance Policies & Procedures.
Skills & Knowledge
- Proven sales background
- Demonstrated selling skills; working knowledge of outreach and corporate selling programs a plus.
- Proven success in supervisory role, preferably in a specialty retail environment
- Basic math and/or accounting skills
- 1+ Years of prior Retail Management experience -- preferably in a premium specialty environment
- Prior experience with computerized POS system
- Regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 35 pounds, occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
- Ability to climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch and reach with arms
Required: High School Diploma or equivalent required.
Preferred: Associates Degree, some college education
Other Requirements: Must be available to work nights, weekends (Saturday and Sundays) and Holidays