Sales Operations AnalystJob ID 19-531
Location Stratham, New Hampshire
This role is responsible for supporting the operations of the Sales team in the areas of Broker operations, Sales Forecasting, Reporting, and general day-to-day operational activities. This role includes serving as a liaison between the corporate office and the field sales team. To be effective in this role, this individual must be comfortable working cross functionally with Sales Management, Marketing, Customer Service, and Finance as well as managing project related work.
Essential Job Functions & Responsibilities:
- Process commission payments, prepare spin requests, and maintain/track broker incentive plans.
- Maintain customer address book to ensure appropriate reporting structures and commission rate accuracy
- Add new customers
- Implement customer changes
- Manage the systematic reporting hierarchy for all customers (JDE)
- Manage customer/broker contact lists
- Distribute and consolidate the monthly Sales forecast (ROFO)
- Evaluate the Demand (orders) versus Sales forecast as compared to targeted growth objectives
- Track performance of Sales team (inc. brokers) forecast against plans.
- Report on the actual performance of Seasons, key initiatives, and new item launches against the established targets
- Report on actual display placement against established sales targets
- Prepare reports for Sales field and Sales Management Team as required and requested
- Forecast product samples in support of Sales presentations to customers
Project Coordination/ Operational Support
- Alt.Channel Sales support and excess inventory management
- Manage the monthly Sales Team Webinar
- Price List consolidation (partner with Customer Marketing)
Qualifications & Requirements:
- 2-4 years experience required in Sales Reporting or Operations
- Demonstrated proficiency with a computer and with MS software
Skills & Knowledge:
- Proficient in Excel and Word
- Strong Access and Powerpoint skills
- Must have solid written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently to complete projects in a timely fashion
- Demonstrated success in cross functional environments
- Bachelors degree required.
- Some travel will be required (>10% of the time)
- Some weekends may be required
As a multi-channel, fast-growing consumer goods company, we recognize that in a competitive market, hiring the right talent makes all the difference. To create happy and loyal Lindt consumers, we need to hire and retain empowered and results-driven Lindt employees. Our teams are comprised of inspired and dedicated professionals who stretch the boundaries of a typical career experience by living our Core Values and making a difference in our business every day. To learn more about our culture and teams, visit www.Jobs.LindtUSA.com.
Our Core Values:
- Passion For The Best - At Lindt we have pride and passion for what we do -- we aspire for excellence in everything.
- In It Together - At Lindt we are one team with a shared purpose -- we invest in our relationships and value each other.
- Always Evolving - At Lindt we shape our future -- we take opportunities to improve, adapt to change and build on our strengths.
- Make An Impact - At Lindt we take responsibility for driving results -- we focus on what matters to deliver on our commitments.
This job description is not exhaustive and the Company reserves the right to adjust the job description as well as ask employees to undertake additional or different job responsibilities. Lindt and Sprüngli is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, age, veteran status, or any other classification protected by state, local or federal law. Applicants for this position must successfully pass a background screening and may be required to pass drug screenings as well. All Lindt & Sprüngli (USA) Inc. properties are smoke and tobacco free.