Quality Assurance Technician (2nd Shift)Job ID 20-447
Location Stratham, New Hampshire
This individual is responsible to ensure products manufactured at Lindt & Sprüngli (L&S) USA meet or exceed L&S standards for quality, food safety, and regulatory compliance. This is accomplished by developing, following and improving upon established audit processes, policies and procedures. Also, the position is responsible for interpreting and enforcing policies to make ad hoc decisions in support of quality and food safety. Additionally, this individual is responsible for reviewing documents for compliance, reporting and partnering with all relevant stakeholders including: manufacturing, purchasing, R&D (Research & Development) and QA (Quality Assurance) teams.
Essential Job Functions & Responsibilities:
Ensure Quality Standards
- Responsible to perform and document production process audits to ensure compliance with L&S Quality and Food Safety Standards.
- Audit and verify production and process paperwork, files and data measuring systems and equipment to ensure compliance.
- Perform inspections on packaging materials, semi-finished and finished products, and manage the results.
- Responsible for making impromptu decisions regarding manufacturing defects, packaging defects, and overall quality issues that arise on a daily basis. Coordinate and implement corrective actions with production or warehouse personnel when necessary.
- Establish, maintain and implement quality standards and new processes and procedures to meet L&S, Quality and Food Safety Standards.
- Partner with all stakeholders in the management of potential (product or process) non-conformances including but not limited to; isolating and securing potentially non-conforming product, following HOLD procedures, investigating the issue, providing a disposition and documenting the entire process for traceability. Perform inspections on all incoming raw materials and monitor procedures to verify compliance with L&S requirements.
- Maintain Sanitation program, regularly audit the cleaning and sanitation practices within the production environment to ensure compliance with L&S Quality and Food Safety Standards.
- Assist with post allergen cleaning, verification and release.
- Assist with the commissioning of new equipment and post maintenance work on existing equipment.
- Ensure all cleaning verification activities are completed and documented as scheduled.
Documentation & Reporting
- Maintain the QA Module and related systems for all inspection/audit records and ensure all product information remains accurate, complete, consistent and timely.
- Provide daily and weekly reports to management.
- Document and communicate quality issues, trend analysis, and provide corrective action for the resolution of quality issues.
- Document and deliver quality and food safety training to operations and QA/R&D personnel as appropriate.
- Adhere to and enhance the plant's quality and food safety programs. Help meet all standards and requirements including and not limited to AIB, ISO 9001, FSSC 22000, FSMA (Food Safety Modernization Act), local and federal regulations as well as the industry's best practices; help strengthen food safety and quality; identify and solve quality related issues with a direct focus on continuous improvement.
- Provide assistance with QA and R&D related trials and projects as required.
- Cross training in the related Quality positions to assist in backshift receiving and analytical activities. Assist in supporting and backing-up quality and food safety functions.
Lindt production Way (LPW)
- Participate in LPW pillars and teams and support continuous improvement initiatives as needed.
- Follow LPW methodology (TPM) in order to monitor and report production (PCS) and continuously improve processes in order to reduce defects as defined by LPW and lean methodology using tools such as 5S, 5 Why, Kaizen events etc.
As a multi-channel, fast-growing consumer goods company, we recognize that in a competitive market, hiring the right talent makes all the difference. To create happy and loyal Lindt consumers, we need to hire and retain empowered and results-driven Lindt employees. Our teams are comprised of inspired and dedicated professionals who stretch the boundaries of a typical career experience by living our Core Values and making a difference in our business every day. To learn more about our culture and teams, visit www.Jobs.LindtUSA.com.
Our Core Values:
- Passion For The Best - At Lindt we have pride and passion for what we do -- we aspire for excellence in everything.
- In It Together - At Lindt we are one team with a shared purpose -- we invest in our relationships and value each other.
- Always Evolving - At Lindt we shape our future -- we take opportunities to improve, adapt to change and build on our strengths.
- Make An Impact - At Lindt we take responsibility for driving results -- we focus on what matters to deliver on our commitments.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Preferred: 2 -3 years Quality experience in a food production environment
Skills & Knowledge:
- Proficient in MS office Applications
- Proficient in JDE or other enterprise system preferred.
- Must have solid written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of quality food safety and regulatory requirements.
- Must be results driven, self-motivated and able to work independently.
- Demonstrated commitment to teamwork and internal client service orientation.
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills.
- BS degree, preferably in Food science or related field
Preferred: Prior experience as quality auditor in a manufacturing environment, Formal training in sanitation / food safety / regulatory, Laboratory experience, Bilingual
- 2nd shift
- Required to work weekends occasionally
- Required to work off shifts occasionally
This job description is not exhaustive and the Company reserves the right to adjust the job description as well as ask employees to undertake additional or different job responsibilities. Lindt and Sprüngli is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, age, veteran status, or any other classification protected by state, local or federal law. Applicants for this position must successfully pass a background screening and may be required to pass drug screenings as well. All Lindt & Sprüngli (USA) Inc. properties are smoke and tobacco free.