Product Lifecycle Process ManagerApply Now Job ID 17-428
Location Stratham, New Hampshire
The primary responsibilities of this role are to facilitate the new product lifecycle process, including ongoing assessment of the project pipeline, frequent reporting/documentation, and issue management / escalation. This individual utilizes the priorities provided by the Director of the Product Lifecycle Process to actively assess and ensure timely completion of all tasks required to support new product launches within the specified time, cost and quality parameters via extensive communications with Marketing, Sales, D2C, Finance, IT, R&D and Quality, and all functions within Supply Chain (Procurement, Manufacturing and Customer Service and Logistics) involved in specific projects. This individual will both support the Director of the Product Lifecycle Process in significant cross-functional companywide projects, as well as lead smaller-scale projects requiring cross-functional partnership. This individual will also provide guidance, priority setting, and task assignment to direct reports on the New Product Specialist team.
Essential Job Functions/Key Accountabilities
Product Development / New Product Lifecycle Process:
- Proactively monitors the status of deliverables for all projects within the innovation pipeline / product lifecycle process. Involves appropriate stakeholders and escalates anticipated issues to ensure the required resources are available and timelines met.
- Develops and maintains all product lifecycle documentation and reporting, including but not limited to PARM meeting documents, training materials, key performance metrics, project synopses, and post launch assessments.
- Proactively assesses both the new product lifecycle process and technical solution, identifying any gaps, barriers and making recommendations to Director for solutions in a timely manner.
- Proactively monitors and assesses industry best practices regarding new product lifecycle management, identifying additional opportunities for ongoing improvement.
- Actively identifies potential risks (including threshold requirements and timings) in Project Approval Documents (PADs) prior to approval and communicates to Director.
- Actively leads cross-functional team meetings for key cross department projects and maintains all documentation, as necessary, to support the process and decisions. Supports Director on high-level, cross department projects as needed.
- Maintains a thorough understanding of internal metrics and holds cross-functional teams accountable to the achievement of key results.
- Participates in weekly production standard review meeting for cross-functional members, during which Production is instructed on key item attributes as items formally transition into the manufacturing process.
- Facilitates consistent and productive interactions between cross-functional team members and/or stakeholders, ensuring relevant and productive outcomes.
- Provides leadership, guidance and expertise to the cross functional teams to ensure ongoing development of their new product lifecycle knowledge and best in class delivery of new products. Provides detailed guidance to New Product Specialist regarding building bill of materials (BOM) in the new product lifecycle management system.
- Establish credibility as a functional expert and drive cross functional engagement to achieve the results.
- Assigns all projects to New Product Specialist team based on knowledge, skillset, and workload.
Skills & Knowledge
- Highly proficient in Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Strong analytical skills with demonstrated problem solving initiative and capabilities
- Proven leadership with ability to motivate and inspire others
- Understanding of internal functional roles within a corporate and manufacturing environment
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and writing skills
- Experience with Access and enterprise software (JDEdwards)
- Minimum 5-7 years experience in product lifecycle management in a consumer products environment
- Experience with complex, multi-channel business in a fast moving CPG environment
- Strong track record of leading high performing teams in a dynamic environment
- Extensive change / project management experience
- Cross-functional team management, demonstrating ability to collaborate with others to drive results
- Bachelor's Degree - Engineering preferred (Process Engineering or other Technical related degree)
- Formal project management training and/or education
- MBA / Masters degree
It is impossible to list every requirement for, or responsibility of, any position. Similarly we cannot identify all the skills a position may require since job responsibilities and the Company's needs may change over time. Therefore, the above job description is not comprehensive or exhaustive. The Company reserves the right to adjust, add to or eliminate any aspect of the above description. The Company also retains the right to require all employees to undertake additional or different job responsibilities when necessary to meet business needs.
Lindt and Sprüngli is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
Applicants for this position must successfully pass a background screening and may be required to pass drug screenings as well.