This position leads packaging development, cost savings, and base business continuity projects. Responsibilities include leading packaging development and evaluation in support of new product development projects. A critical focus of this position will be to ensure packaging performance throughout the value chain. This position reports to the Lead Packaging Engineer. The role requires strong priority setting skills and attention to detail combined with the ability to interface with the technical community, project managers and external suppliers.
Essential Job Functions & Responsibilities:
- Manage packaging projects based on assigned technical area, working with Marketing and cross functional teams to meet category objectives and First Ship dates.
- Direct testing and evaluation of packaging to ensure compatibility of design, machinability, and shipping distribution.
- Lead supplier and material qualifications as required for business continuity purposes
- Initiate cost reduction projects and cost avoidance opportunities that include packaging redesign initiatives, package component consolidation, and production line efficiencies.
- Identify and lead packaging sustainability projects.
- Create packaging materials and components and update finished goods bills of materials.
- For all assigned projects, input specifications into Devex and Webcenter system as required.
- Flow to work for other packaging development tasks as needed.
- Work with manager to ensure the packaging engineering process is functioning efficiently by assessing current processes and identifying ways to streamline or improve.
- Demonstrate effective collaboration and leadership within a cross-functional team environment with minimal supervision (internal/external customers, including Operations, Supply Chain, and Brand teams).
- Manage and execute multiple projects at various stages, with shifting priorities, and extremely tight timelines.
- Participate in brainstorming and information gathering for resource planning process as needed.
- Present packaging engineering projects to key stakeholders for review, input and approval. Prepare relevant presentation materials and white samples as required for all review meetings
- Create and maintain proper development notes, actions and decisions for assigned projects as needed for ISO documentation purposes.
Technical Knowledge and Communication
- Demonstrate functional knowledge of packaging materials and processes while building a working knowledge of the packaging principles and operating systems required to support Lindt’s business.
- Understand, interpret and refine package testing procedures and standards to support the effective design, validation, and implementation of new packages and packaging technology.
- Develop deep understanding of internal packaging equipment and processes.
As a multi-channel, fast-growing consumer goods company, we recognize that in a competitive market, hiring the right talent makes all the difference. To create happy and loyal Lindt consumers, we need to hire and retain empowered and results-driven Lindt employees. Our teams are comprised of inspired and dedicated professionals who stretch the boundaries of a typical career experience by living our Core Values and making a difference in our business every day. To learn more about our culture and teams, visit www.Jobs.LindtUSA.com.
Our Core Values:
- Passion For The Best - At Lindt we have pride and passion for what we do – we aspire for excellence in everything.
- In It Together - At Lindt we are one team with a shared purpose – we invest in our relationships and value each other.
- Always Evolving - At Lindt we shape our future – we take opportunities to improve, adapt to change and build on our strengths.
- Make An Impact - At Lindt we take responsibility for driving results – we focus on what matters to deliver on our commitments.
This job description is not exhaustive and the Company reserves the right to adjust the job description as well as ask employees to undertake additional or different job responsibilities. Lindt and Sprüngli is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, age, veteran status, or any other classification protected by state, local or federal law. Applicants for this position must successfully pass a background screening and may be required to pass drug screenings as well. All Lindt & Sprüngli (USA) Inc. properties are smoke and tobacco free.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- 2-5 years of package product development in a food related FMCG environment
Skills & Knowledge:
- Proven success developing products and portfolios in a FMCG environment.
- Must demonstrate creative passion and premium taste level
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Solid interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to present packaging concepts & develop updates with Sr. Management
- BS, Packaging Engineering or compatible technical discipline preferred
- Master’s degree or MBA
- Travel as required
- Occasional ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds.
- Machine Operator - 3rd Shift - S&S Line, $3,000.00 sign on bonus! Stratham, New Hampshire
- Machine Operator - 3rd Shift - Mould Department, $3,000.00 sign on bonus! Stratham, New Hampshire
- Machine Operator - 3rd Shift - Mould 2 Stratham, New Hampshire
Grow your career at Lindt. We are constantly looking for passionate, motivated team members in a wide array of fields.Learn More
Life on Campus
Enjoy an easy commute and four seasons of beauty in the heart of New England.Learn More
Sign Up for Job Alerts
Register today to receive job alert emails about our newest opportunities.