Material SpecialistApply Now Job ID 17-425
Location Stratham, New Hampshire
The person in this position is responsible for the organization of accurate and timely material flow into and out of the manufacturing and/or warehouse departments.
Safety Checks and Audits
- Support the requirements of the functional team to insure the safe and efficient operation of all material handling equipment.
- Oversee and perform daily equipment safety checks to support current safety mandates and to assure that equipment is operational.
- Maintain consistent level of internal support and assure accurate, safe and efficient fulfillment of all sales order requests.
- Perform daily accuracy review, consolidation, grouping by carrier of all pending staged sales orders for shipment.
- Perform movement of materials to support accurate and efficient replenishment of stock levels to insure a continuous order fulfillment process. This includes batch and automatic replenishment requirements.
- Perform and assist in product audits to maintain accurate control of aging and quality concerns.
- Provide support for data entry and error resolution within JD Edwards, during cycle counting and inventory control inquires to maintain accurate stock levels. Insure the accuracy of information entered by the Material Handlers into JD Edwards.
- Assist in the verification, segregation, and put-away of returned merchandise through the Return Process.
- Perform movement of material to support the accurate and efficient picking of orders.
Receipt of Inbound Materials
- Insure accurate, safe and efficient receipt of all inbound materials including, but not limited to: packaging materials, raw materials, imported goods, and internal manufactured items.
- Perform daily accuracy reviews, maintain internal and external customer guidelines, and reconciliation during the receipt of all inbound materials, as well as the return of non-compliant materials.
- Perform the sampling of products to support the inspection requirement of the Quality Control Team.
- Maintain consistent level of internal support to assure accurate, safe and efficient fulfillment of manufacturing requests.
- Oversee or perform the daily receipt, accuracy reviews, and transfer of all materials transported in and out of the manufacturing departments.
Training and coverage
- Provide cross-training to designated member of department and insure that requirements of the position and of the department are supported in the event of absence or other lack of availability.
Skills & Knowledge
Education & Experience