Marketing ManagerApply Now Job ID 17-468
Location Stratham, New Hampshire
This person is responsible for managing the brand development of a portfolio of Lindt brands / products. This individual develops the brand strategy, identifies and executes product development initiatives, and develops consumer relevant marketing programs that will drive profitable growth and achieve brand, image and equity objectives for their respective portfolio as well as oversees those of their direct reports. This job requires a deep understanding of all dimensions of the business (brand(s), competition, category, customer and consumer) and strong cross functional team leadership abilities. This individual must also be able provide guidance and priority setting to direct reports within the brand team, demonstrating an ability to accomplish work through direct reports.
Essential Job Functions/Key Accountabilities
- Leads the development, communication, and cross-functional execution of annual marketing plans and new product initiatives by leading cross-functional teams and collaborating with key stakeholders (agencies, international marketing) to achieve sales growth, contribute to profit and brand health objectives, and deliver on consumers' needs and expectations.
- Provides leadership, guidance and expertise to direct reports to ensure ongoing development of their brand management expertise, prioritization of their efforts, and best in class execution of marketing plans.
- Serves as an agent of change to increase effectiveness and efficiency for the company by participating in efforts and task forces to improve and streamline internal processes within own department and/or cross-functionally.
- Develops consumer-relevant, annual marketing plans to drive sales, achieve profit goals and strength brand equity for own portfolio of assigned brands and oversees and guides efforts of direct reports' plan development
- Thoroughly understands Lindt brand equity and respective sub-brand equities. Develops own brand plans and guides those of direct reports, including advertising and consumer promotion initiatives utilizing various forms of media, PR, packaging and creative, which fully align and strengthen brand positioning; Develops short and long-term strategic and tactical initiatives to fully support brand strategy.
- Leverages working knowledge of the brand, category, and consumer to continually identify and recommend new ideas and business-building initiatives which deliver against the company's business and marketing objectives; can include new products, segments, markets and consumers.
- Actively assesses program outcomes to inform and make recommendations for future marketing strategies.
- Delivers annual brand and/or portfolios sales and profitability targets for portfolio of brands (own and direct reports).
- Evaluates existing product portfolios, marketplace, and trends in order to make recommendations for the development of new, impactful products that will drive growth, category share and strengthen equity as well as identifying opportunities to maximize the profitability of products within the portfolios.
- Develops ongoing, analysis of own brand(s), initiatives, competition, category, customer and consumer while ensuring similar analysis completed by direct reports. Identifies and leads opportunities to conduct consumer research to enhance and evolve plans.
- Understands internal brand metrics and holds self and others accountable to the achievement of key results; contributes to sales projections, financial and department budget planning.
- Proactively communicates and collaborates with Field Sales and Consumer Marketing to share brand plans, new product information and materials, that ensure organizational consistency and relevance in meeting customer's needs as well as consistent execution of plans.
Skills & Knowledge
- Strong interpersonal, communication, writing, and presentation skills
- Proven analytical and problem solving abilities; ability to interpret complex data / information and make strategic recommendations
- Strong leadership skills to influence, inspire, coach, and motivate others
- Highly resourceful, strategic and results oriented
- Detail oriented with exceptional organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Ability to prioritize own work and that of a small team in an entrepreneurial environment to drive optimal performance
- Demonstrated creative and innovative thinking
- Working knowledge of advertising media (traditional & digital)
- Highly proficient in Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Minimum 5-8 years experience in consumer marketing
- Cross-functional team leadership and agency collaboration
- Strong track record of developing self
- New product development experience
- Research experience -- consumer panels, qualitative & quantitative
- Experience within the consumer packaged goods industry (FMCPG)
- Experience working with global brands within an international organization
- Strong track record of developing others
- Bachelor's degree, Business Administration or related field
- Travel up to 20%
It is impossible to list every requirement for, or responsibility of, any position. Similarly we cannot identify all the skills a position may require since job responsibilities and the Company's needs may change over time. Therefore, the above job description is not comprehensive or exhaustive. The Company reserves the right to adjust, add to or eliminate any aspect of the above description. The Company also retains the right to require all employees to undertake additional or different job responsibilities when necessary to meet business needs.
Lindt and Sprüngli is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
Applicants for this position must successfully pass a background screening and may be required to pass drug screenings as well.