Marketing DirectorApply Now Job ID 17-458
Location Stratham, New Hampshire
As a member of the Leadership Team, this person is responsible for defining the strategic direction, product development initiatives and the framework to achieve brand, image and equity objectives for an assigned portfolio within in the U.S. market. This individual provides vision, priority setting and the allocation of resources to a highly motivated brand team. The job requires a strong focus on driving brand awareness through premium product innovation, the development of consumer relevant marketing programs and compelling advertising, promotional and PR activities. This person also takes the lead to ensure effective communication and partnership with the sales department as well as the cross functional support areas to ensure the marketing strategy and plans are fully executed.
Essential Job Functions/Key Accountabilities
- Leads the development, prioritization and cross-functional alignment with approved marketing plans and initiatives; influences stakeholder's (sales, finance, operations, outside agencies & business partners) planning and priorities; ensures the execution of marketing plans to achieve aggressive growth and deliver on the consumer's needs and expectations.
- Builds strong relationships within a collaborate, matrix structure to ensure the achievement of sales and marketing plan objectives, within the context of defined brand equity, strategic product positioning, and a defined class of trade strategy.
- Provides leadership, guidance and expertise to a brand team within a dynamic, complex organization. Works with the team to ensure ongoing development of their brand management expertise and best in class execution of product, price, positioning and placement.
- Serves as an agent of change to increase effectiveness and efficiency by identifying ways to improve internal processes, streamline cross functional requirements, and generate support and discipline to the sales and marketing objectives.
- Responsible for assuring the delivery of the brand and/or portfolios sales and profitability targets.
- Based on an intuitive brand understanding, consumer research and analysis, this person is responsible for developing consumer-relevant, annual marketing plans for an assigned brand or portfolio which generate demand (sales), strengthen brand equity, and growth of the premium chocolate category.
- Leverages working knowledge of the consumer, category and brand to continually recommend business-building initiatives which deliver against the company's business and marketing objectives.
- Thoroughly understands the Lindt brand equity and respective sub-brand equities. Ensures brand plans and initiatives, such as traditional media, digital support, promotions, packaging and creative, fully align and strengthen positioning.
- Evaluates the existing product portfolio and the marketplace and makes recommendations for the development of new, impactful products that will drive growth, category share and strengthen equity.
- Develops and implement strategies and consumer-centric brand plans to increase the profitability of products with the portfolio.
- Analyzes market potentials on an ongoing basis for existing and new products and develop competitive concepts to ensure the long-term, profitable growth of Lindt (USA).
- Develops and implements strategies and plans to maximize the profitability of assigned brands or portfolio; identifies potential for new segments, markets and consumers.
- Ensures routine analysis of the brand(s), key initiatives, competition, category, customer and consumer is conducted. Leads insight gathering research that collects consumer and competitive knowledge that can be utilized to enhance and evolve new product opportunities and/or marketing plans.
- Maintains a thorough understanding of internal brand metrics and holds team accountable to the achievement of key results; contributes to sales projections, financial and department budget planning.
- Ensures the development of comprehensive and relevant marketing communication plans including advertising and consumer promotions; Responsibilities to include oversight of media planning, digital and social media and PR.
- Ensures consistent communication with Field Sales is maintained to ensure meaningful integration and alignment in meeting the needs of the customer and marketplace; attend sales calls and actively participate in selling at the customer level.
- Ensures the development and maintenance of a consumer data tracking function that accurately measures, analyzes and reports product performance; utilizes current consumer information to develop and continually assess the relevance and value of marketing initiatives.
- In conjunction with Sales, drives the development and implementation of trade marketing strategies, with clear return-on-investment parameters that attain volume growth targets at appropriate GP levels to achieve growth objectives.
- Provides clear, strategic direction to ensure effective collaboration with agency partners to develop and implement specific marketing programs that deliver against the marketing plan.
Skills & Knowledge
- Computer skills
- Specific technical
- Specific leadership
- Project Management skills
- Communication skills
- Minimum 8-10 years job specific criteria
- 5 plus years of leadership
- Bachelors degree
- Masters degree preferred
It is impossible to list every requirement for, or responsibility of, any position. Similarly we cannot identify all the skills a position may require since job responsibilities and the Company's needs may change over time. Therefore, the above job description is not comprehensive or exhaustive. The Company reserves the right to adjust, add to or eliminate any aspect of the above description. The Company also retains the right to require all employees to undertake additional or different job responsibilities when necessary to meet business needs.
Lindt and Sprüngli is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
Applicants for this position must successfully pass a background screening and may be required to pass drug screenings as well.