Marketing Communications Manager
In connection with your application, we collect information that identifies, reasonably relates to or describes you (“Personal Information”). The categories of Personal Information that we collect include your name, government-issued identification number(s), email address, mailing address, other contact information, emergency contact information, employment history, educational history, criminal record, and demographic information. We collect and use those categories of Personal Information about you for human resources and other business management purposes, including identifying and evaluating you as a candidate for potential or future employment or future contract positions, recordkeeping in relation to recruiting and hiring, conducting criminal background checks as permitted by law, conducting analytics, and ensuring compliance with applicable legal requirements and Company policies.
Location Stratham, New Hampshire
The communications manager will lead overall PR and external communications strategy for Lindt USA brand marketing, including social marketing strategy and community management. He/She will be the lead point of contact with Lindt USA’s PR agency, and will also manage an Associate Communications Manager.
Lindt USA has a significant opportunity to drive a more compelling and consistent PR and social brand communications strategy to further enhance brand awareness and relevance while building brand equity across our key franchises; Lindor, Classic Recipe, Excellence, and Gold Bunny. The communications manager will be the key leader to craft and implement this strategy within Lindt USA. The ideal candidate will be analyticaly driven and support a test and learn approach to contiuously improve brand investments in social and PR.
Essential Job Functions & Responsibilities:
- Develop, present, and execute consumer-relevant, annual communication plans across all key brands with clear measures for success that contribute to sales, profit and brand health objectives.
- Leverage working knowledge of consumer, category and brand and continually identify, develop, and execute PR initiatives which deliver against the global brand strategy, and the company’s business and marketing objectives.
- Thoroughly understand Lindt brand equity and respective sub-brand equities. Develop communicatoin plans and initiatives which fully align and strengthen positioning.
- Leads internal PR for new product launches and brand campaigns, generating excitement within Lindt USA and with our International counterparts.
Social media leadership
- Overall management of our Lindt USA social media accounts and overall strategy in the social media space.
- Partnering with brand, customer marketing, eCommerce and sales teams to achieve a holistic and consistent brand presence on social channels.
- Working with the international marketing communications team to ensure alignment and awareness of social media campaigns and creative look and feel
- Develops clear, brand appropriate influencer programs to showcase Lindt brands in an authentic way
- Deep understanding of media buying & placement in the social space
- A strong analytical mindset for establish KPI’s, measuring performance, and continuously improving results.
- Act as the primary relationship owner with PR agency, ensuring they are meeting business needs and staffing accordingly to support brand communications needs
- Lead annual reviews with agency assessing performance and identifying areas of opportunity/improvement
- Partner closely with each brand director to ensure communication/PR plans are tied to overall brand plans and objectives
- Ensure PR plans are tied to global brand equity, while keeping International Marketing teams apprised of plans to ensure global consistency and adherence to brand guardrails.
As a multi-channel, fast-growing consumer goods company, we recognize that in a competitive market, hiring the right talent makes all the difference. To create happy and loyal Lindt consumers, we need to hire and retain empowered and results-driven Lindt employees. Our teams are comprised of inspired and dedicated professionals who stretch the boundaries of a typical career experience by living our Core Values and making a difference in our business every day. To learn more about our culture and teams, visit www.Jobs.LindtUSA.com.
Our Core Values:
- Passion For The Best - At Lindt we have pride and passion for what we do – we aspire for excellence in everything.
- In It Together - At Lindt we are one team with a shared purpose – we invest in our relationships and value each other.
- Always Evolving - At Lindt we shape our future – we take opportunities to improve, adapt to change and build on our strengths.
- Make An Impact - At Lindt we take responsibility for driving results – we focus on what matters to deliver on our commitments.
Act Responsibly - At Lindt we act with integrity, treat others with respect, value diversity and care for the environment to create a sustainable tomorrow.
This job description is not exhaustive and the Company reserves the right to adjust the job description as well as ask employees to undertake additional or different job responsibilities. Lindt and Sprüngli is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, age, veteran status, or any other classification protected by state, local or federal law. Applicants for this position must successfully pass a background screening and may be required to pass drug screenings as well. All Lindt & Sprüngli (USA) Inc. properties are smoke and tobacco free.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Minimum of five (5) years experience in a Communications position within a FMCPG
- Proven ability to build comprehensive, strategic communications plans for premium brands
- Strong understanding of the media landscape, earned media strategy, PR, and CPG brand communications
- Previous experience at PR/communications agency servicing Food/CPG clients, a plus
- Experience working in an international corporate environment, a plus
- Performance marketing experience, a plus
Skills & Knowledge:
- Exceptional strategic, communication, and presentation skills
- Demonstrated interpersonal and leadership skills
- Excellent collaborative and negotiation skills with ability to build productive business relationships cross functionally within the organization and outside of the organization with agency partners
- Assertive self-starter with ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Ability to prioritize and effectively measure and drive for results in an entrepreneurial work environment
- Microsoft office skills – Experienced and proficient at a high level in Excel and PowerPoint
- Bachelors degree
- Travel 10-15%
Lindt & Sprungli USA is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability or have questions or require assistance with any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to careersUSA@lindt.com to include the nature of your inquiry and your contact information.