Machine Operator -Pack - 3rd Shift
In connection with your application, we collect information that identifies, reasonably relates to or describes you (“Personal Information”). The categories of Personal Information that we collect include your name, government-issued identification number(s), email address, mailing address, other contact information, emergency contact information, employment history, educational history, criminal record, and demographic information. We collect and use those categories of Personal Information about you for human resources and other business management purposes, including identifying and evaluating you as a candidate for potential or future employment or future contract positions, recordkeeping in relation to recruiting and hiring, conducting criminal background checks as permitted by law, conducting analytics, and ensuring compliance with applicable legal requirements and Company policies.
Location Stratham, New Hampshire
The individual in this position is responsible for the daily set-up and operation of manufacturing machines. In addition, this individual insures that all L&S safety and quality standards are consistently met.
Essential Job Functions & Responsibilities:
* Responsible for set-up of assigned machine(s) to ensure daily production goals are met.
* Responsible for coordination of product change-overs to maximize line efficiencies.
* Responsible for monitoring the machine and material running through machine to insure product meets quality and production standards; report problems to line operator in a timely manner.
* Participate in 5 Why analysis to problem solve and ensure minimal down time.
* Assist with performing simple preventative maintenance tasks on machinery to prevent down time.
Ensure quality and safety standards are met
* Responsible for visual inspection of materials and products used to ensure that L&S productivity and quality standards are met or exceeded; may be required to taste product as part of daily quality audits.
* Ensure all health and safety guidelines are followed; consistently report issues in a timely and accurate manner to the Line Operator. Follow proper lockout/tagout procedures.
* Using 5S methodology ensure equipment and surrounding area is maintained in a clean and orderly fashion.
* Required to use proper safety gear when performing assigned tasks.
* Monitor and record production run quantities, job orders, product and wrapping materials used, pallet tags, waste and machinery down times on the work order and directly in the computer system.
* Establish and communicate material stocks availability to meet daily production requirements.
* In partnership with Facilities, responsible for establishing and maintaining accurate record keeping logs that will communicate downtime, resolutions and preventive maintenance conducted on machine.
* Maintain accurate machine logs to identify efficiencies, trends, benchmark problems, issues and resolutions. Communicate consistent issues to the supervisor in a timely manner.
* Attend daily and weekly technical meetings to report and discuss productivity and safety issues, participate in identifying resolutions to problems and making recommendations to management.
* The ability to demonstrate strong operating knowledge of manufacturing equipment
* Basic mechanical skills
* Actively participate in group discussions
Skills & Knowledge:
* Basic Computer Skills (windows based software)
* Basic written and effective communication skills
* Ability to take direction and execute in a fast paced environment
* Technical skills as it relates to machinery, and ability to troubleshoot
* Understand Total Productive Management to include Autonomous Management, Preventive Maintenance & Safety and be able to perform basic maintenance on the machine to include, inspection, lubrication and basic repair.
* High School Graduate
* Regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 40 pounds, occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
* Ability to climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch and reach with arms
* Demonstrated hand/eye coordination
* Flexibility to meet rotational shift changes, as required
* Weekend work, as required
As a multi-channel, fast-growing consumer goods company, we recognize that in a competitive market, hiring the right talent makes all the difference. To create happy and loyal Lindt consumers, we need to hire and retain empowered and results-driven Lindt employees. Our teams are comprised of inspired and dedicated professionals who stretch the boundaries of a typical career experience by living our Core Values and making a difference in our business every day. To learn more about our culture and teams, visit www.Jobs.LindtUSA.com.
Our Core Values:
* Passion For The Best - At Lindt we have pride and passion for what we do -- we aspire for excellence in everything.
* In It Together - At Lindt we are one team with a shared purpose -- we invest in our relationships and value each other.
* Always Evolving - At Lindt we shape our future -- we take opportunities to improve, adapt to change and build on our strengths.
* Make An Impact - At Lindt we take responsibility for driving results -- we focus on what matters to deliver on our commitments.
This job description is not exhaustive and the Company reserves the right to adjust the job description as well as ask employees to undertake additional or different job responsibilities. Lindt and Sprüngli is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, age, veteran status, or any other classification protected by state, local or federal law. Applicants for this position must successfully pass a background screening and may be required to pass drug screenings as well. All Lindt & Sprüngli (USA) Inc. properties are smoke and tobacco free.
Lindt & Sprungli USA is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability or have questions or require assistance with any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to careersUSA@lindt.com to include the nature of your inquiry and your contact information.