Machine Operator - 3rd shift - Mould - $1,000 Sign-on Bonus
In connection with your application, we collect information that identifies, reasonably relates to or describes you (“Personal Information”). The categories of Personal Information that we collect include your name, government-issued identification number(s), email address, mailing address, other contact information, emergency contact information, employment history, educational history, criminal record, and demographic information. We collect and use those categories of Personal Information about you for human resources and other business management purposes, including identifying and evaluating you as a candidate for potential or future employment or future contract positions, recordkeeping in relation to recruiting and hiring, conducting criminal background checks as permitted by law, conducting analytics, and ensuring compliance with applicable legal requirements and Company policies.
Location Stratham, New Hampshire
The individual in this position is responsible for the daily set-up and operation of manufacturing machines.
In addition, this individual insures that all L&S safety and quality standards are consistently met.
Essential Job Functions/Key Accountabilities
- Responsible for set-up of assigned machine(s) to ensure daily production goals are met.
- Responsible for coordination of product change-overs to maximize line efficiencies.
- Responsible for monitoring the machine and material running through machine to insure product meets quality and production standards; report problems to line operator in a timely manner.
- Assist with problem solving to ensure minimal down time.
- Assist with performing simple preventative maintenance tasks on machinery to prevent down time.
Ensure quality and safety standards are met
- Responsible for visual inspection of materials and products used to ensure that L&S productivity and quality standards are met or exceeded; may be required to taste product as part of daily quality audits.
- Ensure all health and safety guidelines are followed; consistently report issues in a timely and accurate manner to the Line Operator. Follow proper lockout/tagout procedures.
- Ensure equipment and surrounding area is maintained in a clean and orderly fashion.
- Required to use proper safety gear when performing assigned tasks.
- Monitor and record production run quantities, job orders, product and wrapping materials used, pallet tags, waste and machinery down times.
- Establish and communicate material stocks availability to meet daily production requirements.
- Action Oriented - Enjoys working hard; is action oriented and full of energy for things he/ she sees as challenging; not fearful of acting with a minimum of planning; seizes more opportunities than others.
- Perseverance - Pursues everything with energy, drive and a need to finish; seldom gives up before finishing, especially in the face of resistance or setbacks.
- Intellectual Horsepower - Is bright and intelligent; deals with concepts and complexity comfortably; described as intellectually sharp, capable and agile.
- Problem Solving - Uses rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions; probes all fruitful sources for answers; can see hidden problems; is excellent at honest analysis; looks beyond the obvious and doesn't stop at the first answers.
- Peer Relationships - Can quickly find common ground and solve problems for the good of all; can represent his / her own interests and yet be fair to other groups; can solve problems with peers with a minimum of noise; is seen as a team player and is cooperative; easily gains trust and support of peers; encourages collaboration; can be candid with peers.
- Decision Quality - Makes good decisions (without considering how much time it takes) based on a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience and judgement; most of his / her solutions and suggestions turn out to be correct and accurate when judged over time; sought out by others for advice and solutions.
- Interpersonal Savvy - Relates well to all kinds of people - up, down and sideways, inside and outside the organization; builds appropriate rapport; builds constructive and effective relationships; uses diplomacy and tact; can defuse even high-tension situations comfortably.
We offer an award-winning culture and career development opportunities with an exciting global brand We are a fast-moving Consumer Goods company, who also happens to be the #1 Premium Chocolate manufacturer in the United States. Come grow with us and make an impact while enjoying many popular perks--including flexible summer hours, made-for-you development plans, our beautiful seacoast location, generous paid time off and (of course) free chocolate! Seriously, what's more fun than chocolate?
As the second-largest subsidiary in Lindt & Sprüngli's global organization, we pride ourselves on providing exceptional experiences for our employees and consumers. Lindt is consistently recognized as a "best place to work," receiving both state and regional awards. We believe in working together to drive results and provide employees opportunities to realize their full potential - both professionally and personally.
The Value You Will Add:
We're looking for a Machine Operator on 3rd Shift who is responsible for the daily set-up and operation of manufacturing machines. In addition, you will ensure that all L&S safety and quality standards are consistently met. You must understand Total Productive Management to include Autonomous Management, Preventive Maintenance & Safety and be able to perform basic maintenance on the machine to include, inspection, lubrication and basic repair. You will also be responsible for the maintaining accurate machine logs to identify efficiencies, trends, benchmark problems, issues and resolutions by communicating issues to the line operator in a timely manner.
Lindt (USA) is based in Stratham, NH. Our employees live and work just minutes from local beaches, skip over to Massachusetts or Maine for weekend outings, and enjoy hundreds of restaurants, boutiques, theaters and breweries in neighboring Portsmouth, NH.
The Skills That Will Make You Successful in This Role:
- The ability to demonstrate strong operating knowledge of manufacturing equipment
- Ability to demonstrate solid operating knowledge of machinery and manufacturing equipment.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fast paced production environment.
- 2+ years of experience in a manufacturing environment
- Basic Computer Skills Required
- High School Diploma or GED/Equivalent Preferred
- Bilingual (Spanish/English) * Food Industry Experience
- Associates degree or Higher
- Who Doesn't Love Chocolate?
- Exciting International Company with International Opportunities
- Award-Winning Culture & Work Environment
- Enjoy the Flexibility of Working from Home and Getting to Visit an Office Just Minutes from the NH Seacoast, Massachusetts, Maine and More Our Core Values:
- Passion For The Best - At Lindt we have pride and passion for what we do -- we aspire for excellence in everything.
- In It Together - At Lindt we are one team with a shared purpose -- we invest in our relationships and value each other.
- Always Evolving - At Lindt we shape our future -- we take opportunities to improve, adapt to change and build on our strengths.
- Make An Impact - At Lindt we take responsibility for driving results -- we focus on what matters to deliver on our commitments.
This job posting is not exhaustive and the Company reserves the right to adjust the job description as well as ask employees to undertake additional or different job responsibilities. Lindt and Sprüngli is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, age, veteran status, or any other classification protected by state, local or federal law. Applicants for this position must successfully pass a background screening and may be required to pass drug screenings as well. All Lindt & Sprüngli (USA) Inc. properties are smoke and tobacco free
Lindt & Sprungli USA is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability or have questions or require assistance with any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to careersUSA@lindt.com to include the nature of your inquiry and your contact information.