Line Lead in Training - Pack Dept - 3rd ShiftJob ID 20-450
Location Stratham, New Hampshire
The individual in this position is responsible for the daily set-up and operation of manufacturing machines.
In addition, this individual insures that all L&S safety and quality standards are consistently met.
Essential Job Functions/Key Accountabilities
* Responsible for set-up of assigned machine(s) to ensure daily production goals are met.
* Responsible for coordination of product change-overs to maximize line efficiencies.
* Responsible for monitoring the machine and material running through machine to insure product meets quality and production standards; report problems to line operator in a timely manner.
* Assist with problem solving to ensure minimal down time.
* Assist with performing simple preventative maintenance tasks on machinery to prevent down time.
Ensure quality and safety standards are met
* Responsible for visual inspection of materials and products used to ensure that L&S productivity and quality standards are met or exceeded; may be required to taste product as part of daily quality audits.
* Ensure all health and safety guidelines are followed; consistently report issues in a timely and accurate manner to the Line Operator. Follow proper lockout/tagout procedures.
* Ensure equipment and surrounding area is maintained in a clean and orderly fashion.
* Required to use proper safety gear when performing assigned tasks.
* Monitor and record production run quantities, job orders, product and wrapping materials used, pallet tags, waste and machinery down times.
* Establish and communicate material stocks availability to meet daily production requirements.
* Action Oriented - Enjoys working hard; is action oriented and full of energy for things he/ she sees as challenging; not fearful of acting with a minimum of planning; seizes more opportunities than others.
* Perseverance - Pursues everything with energy, drive and a need to finish; seldom gives up before finishing, especially in the face of resistance or setbacks.
* Intellectual Horsepower - Is bright and intelligent; deals with concepts and complexity comfortably; described as intellectually sharp, capable and agile.
* Problem Solving - Uses rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions; probes all fruitful sources for answers; can see hidden problems; is excellent at honest analysis; looks beyond the obvious and doesn't stop at the first answers.
* Peer Relationships - Can quickly find common ground and solve problems for the good of all; can represent his / her own interests and yet be fair to other groups; can solve problems with peers with a minimum of noise; is seen as a team player and is cooperative; easily gains trust and support of peers; encourages collaboration; can be candid with peers.
* Decision Quality - Makes good decisions (without considering how much time it takes) based on a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience and judgement; most of his / her solutions and suggestions turn out to be correct and accurate when judged over time; sought out by others for advice and solutions.
* Interpersonal Savvy - Relates well to all kinds of people - up, down and sideways, inside and outside the organization; builds appropriate rapport; builds constructive and effective relationships; uses diplomacy and tact; can defuse even high-tension situations comfortably.
Skills & Knowledge
* Basic Computer Skills (windows based software)
* Basic written and effective communication skills
* Ability to take direction and execute in a fast paced environment
* Technical skills as it relates to machinery, and ability to troubleshoot
* Flexibility to meet rotational shift changes, as required Experience
* The ability to demonstrate strong operating knowledge of manufacturing equipment
* Experience in a fast-paced manufacturing environment
* High School degree or GED
* Associate degree a plus Other Requirements
* Regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 40 pounds, occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
* Ability to climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch and reach with arms
* Demonstrated hand/eye coordination
It is impossible to list every requirement for, or responsibility of, any position. Similarly we cannot identify all the skills a position may require since job responsibilities and the Company's needs may change over time. Therefore, the above job description is not comprehensive or exhaustive. The Company reserves the right to adjust, add to or eliminate any aspect of the above description. The Company also retains the right to require all employees to undertake additional or different job responsibilities when necessary to meet business needs. Applicants for this position must successfully pass a background screening.
Lindt and Sprüngli is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants without regard to race, national origin, gender, disability or veteran status.