Line Lead in Training for Mould 2 Department - 3rd shiftJob ID 20-437
Location Stratham, New Hampshire
The individual in this position is responsible for running an entire production line, and ensuring line productivity meets department standards for volume and quality. This is accomplished by assigning daily duties, overseeing line personnel and ensuring issues are addressed in a timely manner.
Coordinate Line Productivity
- Ensure line personnel are effectively utilized at all times; to include setup and changeovers.
- Leads and motivates line staff to ensure optimal productivity and work quality; provide necessary training and direction to ensure proper completion of tasks.
- Directs and monitors to ensure proper procedures and controls are met and training issues are communicated to the supervisor in a timely manner.
- Communicate shift productivity standards to line staff; to ensure volume standards are met or exceeded.
- Verify that lines are supplied with necessary components to meet daily production schedule.
- Identify line issues and communicate with supervision and maintenance personnel to maximize line efficiencies.
Ensure quality & safety standards
- Responsible for inspecting finished products to ensure they meet production/quality standards; this may include a requirement to taste product as part of daily quality audits.
- Ensure all L&S health and safety guidelines are followed; report issues in a timely and accurate manner to management.
- Oversee line staff to ensure policies and procedures are followed; address and/or escalate issues in a timely manner to management.
- Ensure work areas(s) and equipment is maintained in a clean and sanitary condition.
- Required to use proper safety gear when performing assigned tasks
- Assist in the implementation of Lean initiatives like 5S, Continuous Improvement and TPM.
- Responsible for accurate record keeping and timely submission of work plan documents to the Production Scheduler or applicable entering issues into the JDEdwards system.
- Monitor attendance for assigned shift and report line capacity issues to supervision.
Skills & Knowledge
- Ability to demonstrate solid operating knowledge of machinery and manufacturing equipment.
- Results oriented with solid verbal and written communication skills. Fluent English and Spanish a plus.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fast paced environment.
- Basic computer skills required. (Windows based software)
- Flexibility to meet rotational shift changes, as required.
- 2+ years experience in a manufacturing environment
- Food industry experience
- 1-2 years supervisory/lead experience
- High School degree or GED
- Associate degree a plus
- Frequently lift and/or move up to 35 pounds, occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds.
- Ability to pull, push, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch and reach with arms.
- Must be able to walk frequently.
It is impossible to list every requirement for, or responsibility of, any position. Similarly we cannot identify all the skills a position may require since job responsibilities and the Company's needs may change over time. Therefore, the above job description is not comprehensive or exhaustive. The Company reserves the right to adjust, add to or eliminate any aspect of the above description. The Company also retains the right to require all employees to undertake additional or different job responsibilities when necessary to meet business needs. Applicants for this position must successfully pass a background screening.
Lindt and Sprüngli is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants without regard to race, national origin, gender, disability or veteran status.
Lindt and Sprüngli will become a smoke and tobacco free campus on July 1, 2018.
Lindt & Sprungli USA is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability or have questions or require assistance with any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to careersUSA@lindt.com to include the nature of your inquiry and your contact information.