Line Lead - 2nd Shift - Pack
In connection with your application, we collect information that identifies, reasonably relates to or describes you (“Personal Information”). The categories of Personal Information that we collect include your name, government-issued identification number(s), email address, mailing address, other contact information, emergency contact information, employment history, educational history, criminal record, and demographic information. We collect and use those categories of Personal Information about you for human resources and other business management purposes, including identifying and evaluating you as a candidate for potential or future employment or future contract positions, recordkeeping in relation to recruiting and hiring, conducting criminal background checks as permitted by law, conducting analytics, and ensuring compliance with applicable legal requirements and Company policies.
Location Stratham, New Hampshire
Position Purpose: The individual in this position is responsible for running an entire production line, and ensuring line productivity meets department standards for volume and quality. This is accomplished by assigning daily duties, overseeing line personnel and ensuring issues are addressed in a timely manner.
Essential Job Functions & Responsibilities:
Coordinate Line Productivity
- Ensure line personnel are effectively utilized at all times; to include setup and changeovers.
- Leads and motivates line staff to ensure optimal productivity and work quality; provide necessary training and direction to ensure proper completion of tasks.
- Directs and monitors to ensure proper procedures and controls are met and training issues are communicated to the supervisor in a timely manner.
- Communicate shift productivity standards to line staff; to ensure volume standards are met or exceeded.
- Actively lead the daily shift handover meetings.
- Verify that lines are supplied with necessary components to meet daily production schedule.
- Identify line issues using root cause analysis (5 Why and Fishbone) and communicate with supervision and maintenance personnel to maximize line efficiencies.
Ensure quality & safety standards
- Responsible for inspecting finished products to ensure they meet production/quality standards; this may include a requirement to taste product as part of daily quality audits.
- Ensure all Lindt & Sprungli health and safety guidelines are followed; report issues in a timely and accurate manner to management.
- Required to use proper safety gear when performing assigned tasks
- Follow all Lock Out Tag Out policies to ensure Line Lead safety and the safety of those working in the area.
- Oversee line staff to ensure policies and procedures are followed; address and/or escalate issues in a timely manner to management.
- By applying 5S methodeologies, ensure work areas and equipment is maintained in a clean and sanitary condition.
- Actively participate on TPM teams to assist in the implementation and expansion of Lean initiatives throughout the facility.
- Responsible for accurate record keeping and timely submission of documents manually and/or electronically using JDEdwards, LMS, Integrated Control System, Ignition, Brady Link 360 system and ADP.
- Monitor attendance for assigned shift and report line capacity issues to supervision.
- In partnership with Facilities, responsible for establishing and maintaining accurate record keeping logs that will communicate downtime, resolutions and preventive maintenance conducted on machine.
- Maintain accurate machine logs to identify efficiencies, trends, benchmark problems, issues and resolutions. Communicate consistent issues to the supervisor in a timely manner.
- Attend daily and weekly technical meetings to report and disucss productivity and safety issues, participate in identifying resolutions to problems and making recommendations to management.
As a multi-channel, fast-growing consumer goods company, we recognize that in a competitive market, hiring the right talent makes all the difference. To create happy and loyal Lindt consumers, we need to hire and retain empowered and results-driven Lindt employees. Our teams are comprised of inspired and dedicated professionals who stretch the boundaries of a typical career experience by living our Core Values and making a difference in our business every day. To learn more about our culture and teams, visit www.Jobs.LindtUSA.com.
Our Core Values:
- Passion For The Best - At Lindt we have pride and passion for what we do -- we aspire for excellence in everything.
- In It Together - At Lindt we are one team with a shared purpose -- we invest in our relationships and value each other.
- Always Evolving - At Lindt we shape our future -- we take opportunities to improve, adapt to change and build on our strengths.
- Make An Impact - At Lindt we take responsibility for driving results -- we focus on what matters to deliver on our commitments.
- Act Responsibly - We act with integrity, treat others with respect, celebrate diversity and care for the environment to create a sustainable tomorrow.
This job description is not exhaustive and the Company reserves the right to adjust the job description as well as ask employees to undertake additional or different job responsibilities. Lindt and Sprüngli is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, age, veteran status, or any other classification protected by state, local or federal law. Applicants for this position must successfully pass a background screening and may be required to pass drug screenings as well. All Lindt & Sprüngli (USA) Inc. properties are smoke and tobacco free.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- 2 years experience in a manufacturing environment, preferably in a food industry
- 2 years supervisory/lead experience
- Route Cause Analysis (5 Why/Fishbone)
- Leadership training
- Total Productive Maintenance experience
Skills & Knowledge:
- Ability to demonstrate solid operating knowledge of machinery and manufacturing equipment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work collaboratively
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fast paced environment
- Basic computer skills
- Basic mechanical skills
- Ability to identify line issues using Root Cause Analysis (5 Why and Fishbone) and communicate with Supervision and Maintenance to maximize line efficiencies
- Total Productive Maintenance knowledge
- Second language a plus
- High School Graduate
- Associates or Bachelors degree a plus
- Regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 40 pounds, occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
- Ability to climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch and reach with arms
- Demonstrated hand/eye coordination
- Flexibility to meet rotational shift changes, as required
- Weekend work, as required
Lindt & Sprungli USA is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability or have questions or require assistance with any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to careersUSA@lindt.com to include the nature of your inquiry and your contact information.