Key Account Specialist - Ahold/Delhaize (Remote)Job ID 20-441
Location Stratham, New Hampshire
The individual in this position will partner with the Ahold Delhaize National Business Manager (NBM) to create, sell, and execute Lindt Seasonal programs at all Ahold Delhaize (ADUSA) banners. The ADUSA Key Account Specialist will serve as Lindt Seasonal subject matter expert.
This individual will also develop detailed Seasonal-focused sales analysis, sales tracking, and provide monthly direction to the wholesale distribution of Lindt & Sprüngli (LSNA).
Additionally, the ADUSA Key Account will interface with ECOM contacts at each banner, including Peapod, to build relevant promotional programs.
Essential Job Functions/Key Accountabilities
Sales & Account Management
- Lead ADUSA Seasonal executional opportunities across all banners in order to achieve assigned goals and objectives as well as provide appropriate follow up requirements.
- Make banner-specific sales and promotional recommendations to ADUSA NBM based on sales and trend analysis to maximize Seasonal growth.
- Assist ADUSA NBM in rendering detailed and comprehensive presentations, including product and category analysis.
- Analyze both syndicated and proprietary data to deliver a high level of analysis in order to provide insights and recommendations to support Lindt & Sprüngli's continued growth. Additionally, report data and insights on a weekly, monthly, or as-needed basis.
- Compile monthly, banner-focused, business updates for review with the ADUSA NBM. Include insights, risks and opportunities to the business.
- Prepare Seasonal debriefs and post-analysis together with Category Advisor to share internally and back to ADUSA banners.
- Prepare call reports post meetings.
- Work with Broker Partners to ensure all new items and programs are set up accurately and on time within customer systems.
- Monitor banner profitability while analyzing monthly trade spending via customer P&L's to ensure results, plans, programs within trade budget, all while keeping in mind the overall profitability of Lindt & Sprüngli (USA). Make recommendations as needed.
- Conduct routine promotional analysis to assess efficiency and effectiveness of trade spending and make recommendations to the ADUSA NBM as needed to optimize future planning and support initiatives.
- Partner with the ADUSA NBM in the management of accurate monthly rolling forecasts in the planning systems.
- Create full year sales planning tool by customer/product group/product to plan both GTS and NTS volume.
- Collaborate with Demand Consensus Group (including Finance, the planning group and Marketing) to deliver relevant information that provides value to each of their respective departments.
Order & Inventory Management
- Develop strong direct working relationship with ADUSA/C&S inventory and logistics teams, as well as Lindt customer service, in order to guarantee alignment on all ordering recommendations.
- Track ADUSA orders vs. commitments for Seasonal programs to ensure compliance.
- Perform detailed opportunity gap and potential sales analysis to determine recommended order quantities for Seasonal programs by ADUSA banner.
Product Development & Innovation
- Develop and maintain a comprehensive understanding of the L&S product portfolio and brand positioning in order to optimize sales efforts and guarantee fact-based selling; remain up to date with brand strategy and promotional initiatives which impact the business and are of interest to customers.
- Develop recommendations and assist the ADUSA NBM in management of specific customer marketing needs for customer.
- Monitor competitive product and promotional activity and provide recommendations based on findings.
Skills & Knowledge
- Strong interpersonal and fact-based selling skills
- Excellent verbal, written and formal presentation skills; strong negotiating skills
- Strong data analysis skills with ability to articulate short and long-term business implications
- Detail-minded and results oriented
- Ability to solve problems strategically
- Advanced computer skills and proficiency with IRI, AC Nielsen, Microsoft Office Suite
- 2 -3 years CPG experience required
- Experience managing ADUSA HQ preferred
- Experience with Seasonally-driven product preferred
- Bachelor's degree required
As a multi-channel, fast-growing consumer goods company, we recognize that in a competitive market, hiring the right talent makes all the difference. To create happy and loyal Lindt consumers, we need to hire and retain empowered and results-driven Lindt employees. Our teams are comprised of inspired and dedicated professionals who stretch the boundaries of a typical career experience by living our Core Values and making a difference in our business every day. To learn more about our culture and teams, visit www.Jobs.LindtUSA.com.
Our Core Values:
- Passion For The Best - At Lindt we have pride and passion for what we do -- we aspire for excellence in everything.
- In It Together - At Lindt we are one team with a shared purpose -- we invest in our relationships and value each other.
- Always Evolving - At Lindt we shape our future -- we take opportunities to improve, adapt to change and build on our strengths.
- Make An Impact - At Lindt we take responsibility for driving results -- we focus on what matters to deliver on our commitments.
This job description is not exhaustive, and the Company reserves the right to adjust the job description as well as ask employees to undertake additional or different job responsibilities. Lindt and Sprüngli is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, age, veteran status, or any other classification protected by state, local or federal law. Applicants for this position must successfully pass a background screening and may be required to pass drug screenings as well. All Lindt & Sprüngli (USA) Inc. properties are smoke and tobacco free.