Inventory Control SpecialistApply Now Job ID 18-405
Location Stratham, New Hampshire
The individual in this position serves as the liaison between Inventory Control and key business functions within Lindt and the offsite DC's, with the purpose of providing effective documentation and analysis to assigned business partners within the company. Responsibilities include cycle count analysis, reducing and analyzing excess inventory, reporting, ensuring the integrity of the inventory through systems, monitoring and improving procedures, and to communicate issues and recommendations to management.
Essential Job Functions/Key Accountabilities
Reporting and Analysis
- Establish, schedule and maintain a structured cycle count process for finished, raw, and semi-finished products, which insures consistent execution, accuracy, and efficiency.
- Identify and analyze inventory variances and acquire necessary explanations to identify root cause and to provide corrective actions and follow up to ensure corrective actions are being performed.
- Develop, drive and facilitate meetings and reports that will provide internal departments with meaningful information required to make decisions and effectively deal with excess inventory issues. Maintain the storage and integrity of inventory transaction files by branch/plant in compliance with LICS
- Analyze on hand inventories to provide data so that strategic decisions can be made on how to handle excess inventory. Includes working with the Planning team to break items down such as shippers into other sellable finished goods.
- Partner with key members of the Recall Team providing Track & Trace data and related analysis in a timely manner.
- Provide feedback to 201 & 3PL warehouses to analyze and reduce causes of OS&D and modifying SOP's as necessary. Analyze and direct most cost efficient and appropriate disposition of over and damaged inventory, partnering with 3PL to execute.
- Analyze EDI transactions that fail, find the root cause and provide corrective actions for EDI failures for all DC's and Retail Stores.
- Provide and analyze anticipated monthly destructions
- Report on work order adjustments to include providing the cause and helping to create corrective actions
- Provide capacity tracking for all warehouses and DC's
- Analyzing Retail Store on hands, finding root causes for discrepancies and helping to provide corrective actions
Reconciliation Process (Inventory accuracy)
- Reconcile the item ledger against exception receipts, Outside DC Inventory Reports, damage transfers, and samples using POS and JDE tools for all branch/plants including all wholesale DC's.
- Review and Audit Master data monthly as it pertains to inventory reporting and item master information.
- Responsible to promote and assure data integrity and reporting is accurate to support management's strategy.
Process, procedure development and Business Systems Development
- Partner with and provide daily support and audit of D2C stores, Fulfillment, Manufacturing and warehouses to ensure proper procedures are being followed and all transactions are being conducted, to maintain the inventory integrity of all aspects of the business.
- Partner with IT to develop and maintain the EDI transactions that are needed to automate the exchange of data between business partners.
- Conduct manual transactions where automated options are not available (EDI) within JDE to ensure inventory accuracy
- Partner with the Inventory Control manager as gate keeper and leads the Obsolescence identification and mitigation process through the creation of reports and subsequent standard meetings with Sales, Marketing, Purchasing and Planning Departments.
- Responsible for the setup of Employee sales and give aways to help manage Excess and Aging inventories
- In charge of analyzing Bom to MFG prior to closing work orders, validate that the financials for work orders are correct, Responsible for manual data input with Production requests
- Process NCR reports, Responsible for Appling holds and removing holds, Review and complete inbound container receipts (Includes Chocolate and Packaging)
Skills & Knowledge
- Proficient in Excel and Word
- Must have solid written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of audit requirements
- Strong math and problem solving skills - analysis
- Knowledge of JD Edwards or equivalent ERP systems
- Good overall organizational skills
- Basic Access and COGNOS
- 2 -3 years Manufacturing or Warehousing experience required
- Analytical experience
- Auditing experience
- Writing and maintaining SOP's
- Fork truck experience
- Bachelors degree
- APICS Certification
- Occasional standing and walking up to 5 hours a day
It is impossible to list every requirement for, or responsibility of, any position. Similarly we cannot identify all the skills a position may require since job responsibilities and the Company's needs may change over time. Therefore, the above job description is not comprehensive or exhaustive. The Company reserves the right to adjust, add to or eliminate any aspect of the above description. The Company also retains the right to require all employees to undertake additional or different job responsibilities when necessary to meet business needs.
Lindt and Sprüngli is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
Applicants for this position must successfully pass a background screening and may be required to pass drug screenings as well. As of July 2018, all Lindt & Sprüngli (USA) Inc. properties will be smoke and tobacco free.