Environmental Health & Safety Internship 2023
About this Job
Environmental Health & Safety (EHS) Internship - We offer an award-winning culture and career development opportunities with an exciting global brand.
We are a fast-moving Consumer Goods company, who also happens to be the #1 Premium Chocolate manufacturer in the United States. Come grow with us and make an impact while enjoying many popular perks--including flexible summer hours, made-for-you development plans, our beautiful seacoast location, and (of course) free chocolate! Seriously, what's more fun than chocolate?
The Company: As the second-largest subsidiary in Lindt & Sprüngli's global organization, we pride ourselves on providing exceptional experiences for our employees and consumers.
- Lindt is consistently recognized as a "best place to work," receiving both state and regional awards.
- We believe in working together to drive results and provide employees opportunities to realize their full potential - both professionally and personally.
The Value You Will Add: We're looking for an EHS Intern who will want to gain professional experience while helping to keep Lindt (USA) employees & visitors safe. Upon completion of this assignment, you will have a robust portfolio of projects. You will gain practical experience working on a specific safety compliance task for which the intern will be asked to revamp including written documentation, training & execution. The Intern will in partnership with the Safety pillar lead a specific safety improvement project. The intern will also gain real world experience by completing accident investigations, risk assessments and other day to day EHS responsibilities with the EHS Department.
The Location:Lindt (USA) is based in Stratham, NH. Our employees live and work just minutes from local beaches, skip over to Massachusetts or Maine for weekend outings, and enjoy hundreds of restaurants, boutiques, theaters and breweries in neighboring Portsmouth, NH.
A bit about what you will be doing:
Gain real Environmental, Health and Safety experience analyzing data to reduce injuries, reduce risk and maintain compliance. Upon completion of this assignment, you will have experience working in a Consumer Goods Manufacturing facility assessing risk and understanding the hazards that are present in our industry. You will gain practical experience leading a safety improvement team, participating in the Safety Committee and updating safety SOP's and systems.
The Skills That Will Make You Successful in This Role:
- Pursing a degree in Safety & Occupational Health Applied Science or similar program
- Knowledge of basic safety standards and compliance determination
- Ability to maintain and prioritize different project tasks.
- Passion for Safety Excellence
- Organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal skills (You will be working with lots of people at Lindt from a variety of departments)
Why Should You Apply?
- Who Doesn't Love Chocolate?
- Exciting International Company with International Opportunities
- Award-Winning Culture & Work Environment
- Live & Work Just Minutes from the NH Seacoast, Massachusetts, Maine and More
Our Core Values:
- Passion For The Best- At Lindt we have pride and passion for what we do -- we aspire for excellence in everything.
- In It Together- At Lindt we are one team with a shared purpose -- we invest in our relationships and value each other.
- Always Evolving- At Lindt we shape our future -- we take opportunities to improve, adapt to change and build on our strengths.
- Make An Impact- At Lindt we take responsibility for driving results -- we focus on what matters to deliver on our commitments.
- Act Responsibly - We act with integrity, treat others with respect, value diversity and care for the environment to create a sustainable tomorrow.
Lindt and Sprüngli is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, age, veteran status, or any other classification protected by state, local or federal law. Applicants for this position must successfully pass a background screening and may be required to pass drug screenings as well. All Lindt & Sprüngli (USA) Inc. properties are smoke and tobacco free.
About Lindt Chocolate (USA), Inc.
Life's too short for ordinary chocolate.
Do you dream in chocolate? Fulfill your chocolate dreams... come work for Lindt & Sprüngli (USA). We have a variety of job opportunities that provide dynamic individuals the opportunity to work in a professional environment and realize their career growth potential. We offer competitive compensation, which includes an annual bonus, and a progressive benefits package including a 50% employee discount. All full time members are eligible for health, dental and life insurance, 100% tuition reimbursement, 401(k) with company match, a generous paid time off policy and more. At Lindt & Sprüngli (USA), we look for candidates who can make a positive impact on our business. Candidates should have strong communication skills and the desire to succeed in a fast-paced environment.
- Project Engineer Stratham, New Hampshire
Grow your career at Lindt. We are constantly looking for passionate, motivated team members in a wide array of fields.Learn More
Life on Campus
Enjoy an easy commute and four seasons of beauty in the heart of New England.Learn More
Sign Up for Job Alerts
Register today to receive job alert emails about our newest opportunities.