Environmental Health & Safety InternJob ID 19-786
Location Stratham, New Hampshire
Gain real Environmental, Health and Safety experience analyzing data to reduce injuries, reduce risk and maintain compliance. Upon completion of this assignment, you will have experience working in a Consumer Goods Manufacturing facility assessing risk, and understanding the hazards that are present in our industry. You will gain pratical experience leading a safety improvement team, participating in the Safety Committee and updating safety SOP's and systems.
Essential Job Functions/Key Accountabilities
Documentation, Auditing, and Investigation
- Review and revise written safety programs and procedures
- Perform relevant inspections and audits
- Respond to EHS related incidents and participate in incident investigation
- Identify and correct safety and health deficiencies
Compliance and Administration
- Update chemical and hazardous materials inventory
- Participate in the Safety Committee and conduct a training for the committee on a special topic
- Lead an improvement initiative using the Risk Reduction or Accident Reduction Route
- Complete projects as assigned
Skills & Knowledge
- Functional knowledge of manufacturing operations, and process flow.
- Knowledge of basic safety standards and how to determine compliance
- Proficient in Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Must have solid written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated proficiency with a computer and with MS software
- Previous experience implementing safety standards
- Experience leading lean manufacturing improvement initiatives
- Pursuing degree in Environmental, Health, and Safety Sciences / Engineering (or related field)
- Willingness to attend specific trainings and educational opportunities as needed
- Flexibility to provide support to all shifts as needed
- Students must have a vehicle to travel to and from work. Lindt is not on a public bus line.
- Students are responsible for securing their own housing for the summer.
- Students must successfully pass a drug and background check per Lindt USA's pre-employment policy.
It is impossible to list every requirement for, or responsibility of, any position. Similarly we cannot identify all the skills a position may require since job responsibilities and the Company's needs may change over time. Therefore, the above job description is not comprehensive or exhaustive. The Company reserves the right to adjust, add to or eliminate any aspect of the above description. The Company also retains the right to require all employees to undertake additional or different job responsibilities when necessary to meet business needs.
Lindt and Sprüngli is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
Applicants for this position must successfully pass a background screening and may be required to pass drug screenings as well. As of July 2018, all Lindt & Sprüngli (USA) Inc. properties will be smoke and tobacco free.