Director of Category ManagementApply Now Job ID 17-538
Location Stratham, New Hampshire
This role develops Lindt's positioning and is responsible for implementing best in class category management processes that strengthen Lindt's influence with key customers. In addition this individual drives the development of analytical reporting and business intelligence processes. Through managing a multifunctional team, this person ensures solid execution and operational excellence is consistently delivered to support sales growth.
Essential Job Functions/Key Accountabilities
- Position Lindt as the premium leader by providing category insights and newly developed best in class category management processes to be leveraged across all key channels of distribution.
- Responsible for using category and shopper insights to determine largest selling opportunities for both the premium chocolate category and Lindt.
- Supports strategic selling initiatives through the analysis of syndicated data and the development of selling stories that meet channel specific needs.
- Employ category management tools and business processes to develop customized solutions for distribution space, assortment, promotions and seasonal business.
Reporting and Analytics:
- Responsible for ensuring the high quality, timely analysis and reporting needs for the Wholesale division are met to include Nielsen reporting and customer POS analysis.
- Ensure best in class customer presentations are developed that are comprised of current and accurate analytics, incorporating plan-o-grams and demographic data.
- Ensure delivery of meaningful sales, industry, historical and trend reporting used for strategic and opportunistic decision making purposes. Identify new trends, make projections, and to make recommendations based upon report analysis.
- Ensure the syndicated sales data presentations developed by Sales Analysts meet Lindt's standards for professionalism, accuracy and organizational consistency.
Skills & Knowledge
- Demonstrated development and implementation of new ideas that lead to brand and category growth.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Proven quantitative and qualitative analytical skills required, including the ability to analyze multiple sources of data, determine limitations of the sources data and recommend action.
- Excellent project management and organizational skills required, including ability to manage multiple competing priorities.
- Proficient with syndicated data interpretation and analysis; using to provide value added insights to customer and sales.
- Results oriented with a demonstrated commitment to teamwork.
- Demonstrated public speaking skills; ability to develop and deliver effective customer presentations.
- 8-10 years of related work experience in a consumer packaged goods environment; FMCPG preferred.
- At least 3+ years of supervisory experience.
- Category management experience required.
- Sales/Account (Customer) management experience required.
- Some travel required
- Bachelors degree
- Masters degree preferred or in related field
- Travel 20%
It is impossible to list every requirement for, or responsibility of, any position. Similarly we cannot identify all the skills a position may require since job responsibilities and the Company's needs may change over time. Therefore, the above job description is not comprehensive or exhaustive. The Company reserves the right to adjust, add to or eliminate any aspect of the above description. The Company also retains the right to require all employees to undertake additional or different job responsibilities when necessary to meet business needs.
Lindt and Sprüngli is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
Applicants for this position must successfully pass a background screening and may be required to pass drug screenings as well.