Customer Service SupervisorJob ID 18-462
Location Stratham, New Hampshire
This position is responsible for establishing and maintaining effective policies and procedures in the areas of Customer Service functions, including developing new and streamlining current processes for productivity improvements. This position ensures the customer service team is following and practing the Best In Class processes and is critical to the integrity of transactional data in JDE and communications to Lindt internal and external customers.
This position is deeply involved in business systems development and improvement, and ensures that systems are adequate to support the transactional and operational customer service needs of the business.
Essential Job Functions/Key Accountabilities
- Oversee Customer Service employees to ensure accurate processing of customer orders for assigned customer groups from inception to delivery as the customer base increases with complexity.
- Manage vendor guidelines with internal and external partners in regards to labeling, packaging and shipping requirements.
- Hire, train and develop staff to build a strong team and ensure business needs continue to be met.
- Provide support to the Customer Service Manager.
- Research and collaborate with Demand Planning and Planning Departments on "out of stock" items to determine product status and timing allowing for the proactive accurate feedback to the internal and external customer.
- Collaborate with LSNA in order to determine the feasibility of an expedited customer delivery while at the same time complying with company cost parameters.
- Interact with 3rd party operated warehouses to ensure complete and timely order fulfillment
- Ensure the process for EDI order review is conducted accurately, confirming pricing and minimum order quantity.
- Conduct root cause analysis, identify and implement corrective action(s) to prevent a reoccurrence of an issue.
Business Systems Development:
- Continuously review and implement new processes to effectively manage the accounts receivable function within the growing needs of the business. Research and present opportunities for automation and process improvement initiatives.
- Partner with IT department to initiate, develop and implement key operating systems, procedures and processes for business groups, as required.
- Actively participate in developing business systems which will provide management with improved tools for managing the business.
- Lead testing and documentation of proves and system changes as it relates to department functions and provide training to the team.
- Verify and prepare order reports on a scheduled basis to communicate/elevate any at risk opportunities.
- Manage communication with internal departments to ensure optimal practices for all processes.
- Provide timely information in regards to options for the resolution of order issues to the Sales and Broker teams.
- Provide expertise surrounding inquiries to sales and credit orders including root cause and solutions.
- Ensure process for proactively communicating to customers/brokers/regionals when identifying availability issues is being followed and propose solutions to prevent customer dissatisfaction.
Skills & Knowledge
- Process and results orientated
- Team focused and collaborative
- Ability to operate effectively and professionally in stressful situations
- Ability to multi-task
- Proficient in Excel and Word
- Must have solid written and verbal communication skills.
- Minimum 5 years customer service experience
- Prior management experience
- 3-5 years ERP system experience, preferable in J.D. Edwards
- Bachelor's degree
- Excellent knowledge of logistics and order processing in a manufacturing environment.
- Provide leadership to others through example and sharing of knowledge and skills
It is impossible to list every requirement for, or responsibility of, any position. Similarly we cannot identify all the skills a position may require since job responsibilities and the Company's needs may change over time. Therefore, the above job description is not comprehensive or exhaustive. The Company reserves the right to adjust, add to or eliminate any aspect of the above description. The Company also retains the right to require all employees to undertake additional or different job responsibilities when necessary to meet business needs.
Lindt and Sprüngli is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
Applicants for this position must successfully pass a background screening and may be required to pass drug screenings as well. As of July 2018, all Lindt & Sprüngli (USA) Inc. properties will be smoke and tobacco free.