Controls TechnicianApply Now Job ID 17-488
Location Stratham, New Hampshire
The individual in this position is responsible for assisting Maintenance, Controls Engineering and Production in maintaining, documenting and upgrading industrial controls on all production and process machinery. In addition, this person ensures minimum downtime on equipment while complying with company policies, procedures and safety regulations.
Essential Job Functions/Key Accountabilities
Maintaining and Troubleshooting Industrial and Electrical Controls
- Work with Mechanics and Production to troubleshoot, diagnose and repair any malfunctioning controls, i.e. PLCs, Drives, HMI's,... etc., or electrical components in a timely manner. If components need replacing then proper programming and setup of the device per machine manufacturer and/or production requirements.
- Replace Batteries in all controls components per manufacturer recommendations.
- Perform root cause analysis on reoccurring problems and develop plans to remove the issue.
Upgrading Industrial Controls and Panel Building
- Remove and replace obsoleted controls components under the direction of Controls Engineering.
- Build small panels per UL requirements for various "in house" projects under the direction of Controls Engineering.
- Ensure proper documentation of machinery and programs that has been modified, to include electronic documentation for archiving, hard copy documentation in appropriate electrical cabinets and in Maintenance Library, and email notifications to affected parties.
- Ensure proper archiving of all programs and parameters to network archives per controls engineering directions.
- Ensure all work orders in our maintenance work order system are filled out properly to completion with accurate notes for work done.
Furthering Education and Skills growth
- Take initiative to learn new control components and systems without needing instruction.
- Meet with vendors to learn what new technologies and components are coming on to the market.
- Help Maintenance Supervision keep mechanics informed on new technologies that are within their job responsibilities.
Ensure Compliance to Company Policy, Procedures and Safety Regulations
- Encourage and model effective working relations with employees, the production areas and functional support departments to ensure timely communication and effective execution.
- Maintain a safe work environment; communicate issues and take corrective action when safety issues arise. Execute and maintain safety procedures in order to minimize accidents and company liability.
Skills & Knowledge
It is impossible to list every requirement for, or responsibility of, any position. Similarly we cannot identify all the skills a position may require since job responsibilities and the Company's needs may change over time. Therefore, the above job description is not comprehensive or exhaustive. The Company reserves the right to adjust, add to or eliminate any aspect of the above description. The Company also retains the right to require all employees to undertake additional or different job responsibilities when necessary to meet business needs. Applicants for this position must successfully pass a background screening.
Lindt and Sprüngli is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants without regard to race, national origin, gender, disability or veteran status.