Commercial Financial AnalystJob ID 19-899
Location Stratham, New Hampshire
The person in this position holds the critical role of financial management of promotional trade spend for the Wholesale business division. This person will serve as the key business partner to the Sales organization in regards to accuracy and efficiency of trade promotion planning. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to: standard review of key promotional plans, tracking of promotional spending compared to set budgets and targets, and strategic customer planning.
Essential Job Functions/Key Accountabilities
Promotional Trade Spend Financial Management
- Partner to the Wholesale teams to collaborate on all financial aspects of Customer Management including but not limited to Gross to Net Sales Planning, trade event pre and post audits, profitability analysis, collaboration on profitability and process improvements and working on different types of ad-hoc requests
- Review ongoing promotional plans using a tiered approach, with the goals of improving accuracy in rate and volume planning, reducing missed plans and overspends and ensuring the most accurate trade spend estimates possible.
- Analyze trade spend efficiency and ROI on planned events, and partner with sales managers to improve profitability and trade efficiency.
- Ensure that accruals are built accurately and recorded in a timely manner to coincide with shipments on promotional plans, and that true-ups are recorded in a timely manner.
- Develop and implement planning accuracy KPI's to drive accountability to trade promotion planning.
- Perform reconciliation of planned trade spend with actual spend as part of monthly close process, and provide ongoing tracking of performance compared to set Budgets and targets.
Customer P&L Reporting & Strategic Planning
- Prepare and analyze major customer contribution statements and present findings to sales team and upper management on a regular basis.
- Perform customer reconciliation of planning to balance sheet to P&L on a monthly basis.
- Perform analysis of strategic initiatives and customer growth plans to support the Sales and Finance organizations collaboratively in the ongoing strategic planning process. Provide insights and sound advice through financial forecasting and analysis.
- Participate with Sales in monthly meetings to improve the accuracy of net sales projections based on company and category trends.
Budget and Latest Estimate process
- Partner with Sales to develop fully aligned trade promotion budgets and customer allocations, with ongoing reporting and re-balancing of trade funds.
- Prepare detailed trade rates for Budget and Latest Estimate (LE) rollups.
- Action Oriented -- Enjoys working hard; is action oriented and full of energy for things he/ she sees as challenging; not fearful of acting with a minimum of planning; seizes more opportunities than others.
- Perseverance -- Pursues everything with energy, drive and a need to finish; seldom gives up before finishing, especially in the face of resistance or setbacks.
- Intellectual Horsepower -- Is bright and intelligent; deals with concepts and complexity comfortably; described as intellectually sharp, capable and agile.
- Problem Solving -- Uses rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions; probes all fruitful sources for answers; can see hidden problems; is excellent at honest analysis; looks beyond the obvious and doesn't stop at the first answers.
- Peer Relationships -- Can quickly find common ground and solve problems for the good of all; can represent his / her own interests and yet be fair to other groups; can solve problems with peers with a minimum of noise; is seen as a team player and is cooperative; easily gains trust and support of peers; encourages collaboration; can be candid with peers.
- Decision Quality -- Makes good decisions (without considering how much time it takes) based on a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience and judgement; most of his / her solutions and suggestions turn out to be correct and accurate when judged over time; sought out by others for advice and solutions.
- Interpersonal Savvy -- Relates well to all kinds of people -- up, down and sideways, inside and outside the organization; builds appropriate rapport; builds constructive and effective relationships; uses diplomacy and tact; can defuse even high-tension situations comfortably.
Skills & Knowledge
- Trade Promotions, Pricing Analysis
- TPM (Trade Promotion Management) Systems
- Expert in Excel
- Must have solid written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong analytical and reporting skills
- Demonstrated ability to effectively partner with and advise assigned business groups to achieve desired results
Presentation skills Experience
- 3-5 years experience in a Commercial Finance role.
- TPM (Trade Promotion Management) Software experience
- SAP TPM experience
Project Management or Software Implementation experience Education
- Bachelors degree
- MBA degree
It is impossible to list every requirement for, or responsibility of, any position. Similarly we cannot identify all the skills a position may require since job responsibilities and the Company's needs may change over time. Therefore, the above job description is not comprehensive or exhaustive. The Company reserves the right to adjust, add to or eliminate any aspect of the above description. The Company also retains the right to require all employees to undertake additional or different job responsibilities when necessary to meet business needs.
Lindt and Sprüngli is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.Applicants for this position must successfully pass a background screening and may be required to pass drug screenings as well