Category Strategy & Insights Manager
The Category Strategy, Insights and Analytics team contributes to long-term growth for Lindt USA and the chocolate category by leading pivotal shopper research projects, mining data and insights and developing the strategic roadmap for premium category growth. This role reports into the Lindt USA Wholesale team and is highly cross-functional, regularly collaborating with Field Category Management, Brand Marketing, Go to Market and Sales. The Category Strategy & Insights Manager is responsible for supporting the development and implementation of the category vision. Responsibilities focus on leading the shopper and category insights learning agenda, mining primary and secondary sources for insights and converting those insights into growth strategies and compelling stories that drive long term growth.
Essential Job Functions & Responsibilities:
- Mine data sources including primary research, IRI, customer databases, and external reports to identify relevant and compelling insights. Translate those insights into category and shopper strategies to drive long term growth.
- Develop Category stories, founded in strategic insight, to support key initiatives (new item launches, drive periods, seasonal debriefs, threat defense, etc...). Share these stories with the customer category and field sales teams to inform customer presentations.
- Partner closely with senior management and field sales and customer category teams to develop long term growth plans for key customers, building out strategic rationale supported by insight to communicate category growth opportunities to retailers.
- Collaborate with Brand Marketing, sharing relevant insights and ensuring that Brand portfolio and activation plans align with identified Category growth strategies.
- Lead Lindt USA Perfect Store initiative, developing executional guidance to support merchandising and category visions.
- Develop annual learning plan agenda for all shopper and category research. Identify learning needs, execute research including agency selection and management, and communicate / train the organization on results. This includes but is not limited to consumer decision trees, demand landscape, merchandising research, ad hoc learning projects and portfolio architecture work related to OBPPC framework.
- Partner with Brand to manage the research budget associated with owned projects.
- Oversee development and management of Insights Library.
- In partnership with senior management, serve as the lead for the Lindt US category vision. This includes owning the insights database, developing the training and implementation plans and creating related insight-based stories to support the vision.
- Lead the US Merchandising Vision: plan and execute research, identify core merchandising principles, and develop formal merchandising guidance supporting all channels.
- Support the Brand team throughout the year with requested data and insights related to growth or brand initiatives. This includes the annual Growth Plan Dialogue process.
- Triangulate shopper data sources to inform Lindt USA understanding of business impact from new launches (eg source of volume, incrementality, shifting, etc...)
As a multi-channel, fast-growing consumer goods company, we recognize that in a competitive market, hiring the right talent makes all the difference. To create happy and loyal Lindt consumers, we need to hire and retain empowered and results-driven Lindt employees. Our teams are comprised of inspired and dedicated professionals who stretch the boundaries of a typical career experience by living our Core Values and making a difference in our business every day. To learn more about our culture and teams, visit www.Jobs.LindtUSA.com.
This job description is not exhaustive and the Company reserves the right to adjust the job description as well as ask employees to undertake additional or different job responsibilities. Lindt and Sprüngli is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, age, veteran status, or any other classification protected by state, local or federal law. Applicants for this position must successfully pass a background screening and may be required to pass drug screenings as well. All Lindt & Sprüngli (USA) Inc. properties are smoke and tobacco free.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- 5-10 years CPG experience required.
- Category management experience preferred.
- Shopper or consumer research experience required.
- CPG analytics experience required.
Add another Skills & Knowledge:
- Excellent Project Management skills
- Expert in PowerPoint and Excel.
- Gifted storyteller with proven track record of translating data and facts into highly visual, compelling stories.
- Deep familiarity with either Circana (IRI) or Nielsen syndicated data
- Experience with retailer shopper card data platform(s)
- Bachelors degree required, MBA preferred
- Travel up to 20%
Sign Up for Job Alerts
Register today to receive job alert emails about our newest opportunities.