Brand ManagerApply Now Job ID 17-459
Location Stratham, New Hampshire
The Brand Manager is responsibile for developing plans and executing projects and initiatives for assigned brand or brand segment, which support both the short and long-term marketing strategy. This position will collaborate cross-functionally to ensure the brand remains relevant to consumers, drives profitable corporate growth and that all activities support the brand equity. This person will take a lead in managing vendor and agency partners and all aspects of their projects.
Essential Job Functions/Key Accountabilities
- Develop consumer-relevant, annual marketing plans which contribute to sales, profit and brand health objectives and execute for assigned brand.
- Leverage working knowledge of consumer, category and brand and continually identify and recommend business-building initiatives which deliver against the company's business and marketing objectives.
- Thoroughly understand Lindt brand equity and respective sub-brand equities. Develop brand plans and initiatives, such as traditional media, digital support, promotions, packaging and creative, which fully align and strengthen positioning.
Research and Analytics
- Lead or conduct routine analysis of the brand, key initiative, competition, category, customer and consumer. Synthesize key findings and indications which enhance brand and company performance.
- Lead and assist with insight gathering research that collects consumer and competitive knowledge that can be utilized to enhance and evolve the brand's recipe development, promotional acceptance and communication evolution, among others.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of internal brand metrics, such as sales and profit, and contribute to sales projections and financial planning.
- Responsible for managing an assigned portfolio to include SKU rationalization, mix strategies and profit optimization.
- Responsible for meeting the full portfolio P&L
- Evaluate product portfolio and the marketplace and make recommendations for new product launches and product improvements to ensure Lindt & Sprüngli's growth and brand equity in the marketplace.
- Analyze market potentials on an ongoing basis for existing and new products and develop competitive concepts to ensure the long-term, profitable growth of Lindt (USA).
- Analyze viability and profit/sales potential for new segments, markets, and consumers.
- Develop and implement strategies and plans to maximize the profitability of assigned products / product categories while maintaining the high quality standard.
- Drive the New Item Introduction process (NII) for assigned brand(s); Secure and engage cross functional support to meet required deliverables in a timely manner.
- Develop marketing communication plans including advertising and consumer promotions; Responsibilities to include media planning, digital and social media and PR.
- Communicate regularly with the Sales Directors, Field Sales Force, and Trade Marketing to ensure that marketing programs are properly implemented.
- Maintain consistent communication with Field Sales to ensure meaningful integration and alignment in meeting the needs of the customer and marketplace
- Attend sales calls and actively participate in selling at the customer level.
Skills & Knowledge
- Computer skills
- Specific technical
- Specific leadership
- Project Management skills
- Communication skills
- Minimum 5-8 years job specific criteria
- 3 plus years of leadership
- Bachelors degree
- Masters degree in related field
It is impossible to list every requirement for, or responsibility of, any position. Similarly we cannot identify all the skills a position may require since job responsibilities and the Company's needs may change over time. Therefore, the above job description is not comprehensive or exhaustive. The Company reserves the right to adjust, add to or eliminate any aspect of the above description. The Company also retains the right to require all employees to undertake additional or different job responsibilities when necessary to meet business needs.
Lindt and Sprüngli is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
Applicants for this position must successfully pass a background screening and may be required to pass drug screenings as well.