Brand ManagerJob ID 19-437
Location Stratham, New Hampshire
The Brand Manager will take responsibility for leading a brand or key brand segment. This position will be responsible for developing brand-building plans and executing projects and initiatives for assigned brand or brand segment, which support both the short and long-term marketing strategy. The Brand Manager will collaborate cross-functionally (locally and with international colleagues) to create brand relevancy with consumers, drive profitable growth and, develop and execute activities that build and support the brand equity. This person will take lead in managing vendor and agency partners and all aspects of their projects.
Essential Job Functions/Key Accountabilities
- Develop, present, and execute consumer-relevant, annual marketing plans for assigned brand with clear measures for success that contribute to sales, profit and brand health objectives.
- Leverage working knowledge of consumer, category and brand and continually identify, develop, and execute business-building initiatives which deliver against the global brand strategy, and the company's business and marketing objectives.
- Thoroughly understand Lindt brand equity and respective sub-brand equities. Develop brand plans and initiatives, such as traditional media, digital support, promotions, packaging and creative, which fully align and strengthen positioning.
Research and Analytics
- Lead or conduct routine analysis of the brand, key initiative, competition, category, customer and consumer. Synthesize key findings and indications which enhance brand and company performance.
- Lead and assist with insight gathering research that collects consumer and competitive knowledge that can be utilized to enhance and evolve the brand's recipe development, promotional acceptance and communication evolution, among others.
- Thoroughly understand internal brand metrics, such as sales and profit, and actively contribute to sales projections and financial planning to drive the brand.
- Responsible for managing an assigned portfolio to include SKU rationalization, mix strategies and profit optimization.
- Responsible for meeting the full portfolio P&L.
- Evaluate product portfolio and the marketplace and make recommendations for new product launches and product improvements to ensure Lindt & Sprüngli's growth and brand equity in the marketplace.
- Analyze market potentials on an ongoing basis for existing and new products and develop competitive concepts to ensure the long-term, profitable growth of Lindt (USA).
- Analyze viability and profit/sales potential for new segments, markets, and consumers.
- Develop and implement strategies and plans to maximize the profitability of assigned products / product categories while maintaining the high quality standard.
- Drive the Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) process for assigned brand(s); Secure and engage cross functional support to meet required deliverables in a timely manner.
- Develop and execute marketing communication plans via advertising and consumer promotions, including media recommendations, social media, PR, and consumer activations.
- Communicate regularly with the Sales Directors, Field Sales Force, and Customer Marketing to ensure that marketing programs are properly implemented.
- Proactively communicate and collaborate with Field Sales to ensure meaningful integration and alignment in meeting the needs of the customer and marketplace .
- Attend sales calls and actively participate in selling at the customer level.
Skills & Knowledge
- Exceptional analytical, communication, and presentation skills
- Demonstrated interpersonal and leadership skills with ambition and potential to develop to more senior roles
- Excellent collaborative and negotiation skills with ability to build productive business relationships cross functionally within the organization and outside of the organization with agency partners
- Assertive self-starter with ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Strong record of complex project management with multi-disciplinary teams
- Ability to prioritize and effectively measure and drive for results in an entrepreneurial work environment
- Ability to take a more generalist 'business' approach to drive the business
- Microsoft office skills -- Experienced and proficient at a high level in Excel and PowerPoint
- Minimum of five (5) years experience in a Marketing position within a FMCPG
- Proven ability to develop and utilize many elements of the marketing mix to drive the business
- Research experience - consumer panels & Qualitative / Quantitative research methods
- Previous experience with full P&L responsibility, a plus
- Experience working in an international corporate environment, a plus
- Experience in new product development, a plus
- Bachelors degree
- Masters degree in related field
It is impossible to list every requirement for, or responsibility of, any position. Similarly we cannot identify all the skills a position may require since job responsibilities and the Company's needs may change over time. Therefore, the above job description is not comprehensive or exhaustive. The Company reserves the right to adjust, add to or eliminate any aspect of the above description. The Company also retains the right to require all employees to undertake additional or different job responsibilities when necessary to meet business needs.
Lindt and Sprüngli is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
Applicants for this position must successfully pass a background screening and may be required to pass drug screenings as well.