Brand Manager - Innovation
This individual is responsible for driving and managing the development and delivery of high quality, consumer relevant Lindt products that are strategic in nature, go over multiple brands and require internal capability building. This entails providing consumer based solutions relative to formats, packaging, and channel specific needs that build upon the Lindt brand equity.
This role will lead the development and end-to-end delivery of 2-5 year pipeline for innovation that is spanning multiple brands, identifying product opportunities applicable across brands as well as lead the cross-functional team such as Brand Marketing, Commercialization, Insights, Design, R&D, and E-comm to launch impactful products to drive Lindt sales, share, and profitability.
A critical focus of this job will be strong cross-functional team collaboration and management to accomplish key milestones for each product project.
Essential Job Functions/Key Accountabilities
Innovation Strategy & Insights
- Support brand strategies with a focus on portfolio effectiveness. Work with the Brand Marketing Teams to develop strategic platforms that are big bets for the organization, ensuring products align with brand equity and meet the needs of the consumer
- Understand and design for omnichannel as well as across brands
- Be the product expert for the brands, staying at the forefront of industry trends, competitive launches, and consumer insights
- Support the preparation of regular business and innovation updates to key stakeholders and senior leaders
Product Management & Development
- Lead the management and development of new product launches to meet the needs of the consumer, maintain Lindt brand and quality standards, and achieve financial objectives (sales, COGs, and profitability) that should be set in partnership with the Brand Managers
- Provide clear leadership and foster effective cross-functional team collaboration (R&D, Packaging, Purchasing, and Creative) to bring products to market together successfully, on time in full from concept & product ideation, to feasibility assessment and testing through final item set-up
- Ensure projects are being managed effectively, stage gates are on track, and launches are delivered on time meeting objectives
- Evaluate international Lindt portfolios, staying informed and being ready to exploit as appropriate, international SKUs or recipes that may meet the objectives of the brand team
- Update and communicate project information status as needed with key stakeholders, including obtaining all required approvals as well as flag and address potential project delays
- Accountable for the delivery of agreed upon innovation targets with P&L responsibility of innovation & renovation workstreams
Lindt USA’s salary range reflects market rates based on our size, revenue, and location. Starting pay is determined using a wide range of factors including, but not limited to, job-related skills, knowledge, and experience as well as market conditions. A bonus and/or long-term incentive may be included as part of this compensation package, for more information please reach out to our recruiting team.
Our Perks & Amenities:
In addition to a highly competitive salary, benefits package and professional development, Lindt USA offers an amazing, supportive culture that enables employees to thrive professionally while achieving work-life balance:
- Hybrid & flexible work options
- Start with 4 weeks of Paid Time Off
- Volunteer Time Off
- Holiday Pay
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental, and Vision plans
- 401(k) Plan with a 4% Company Match
- Up to 100% Tuition Reimbursement
- Fully equipped, on-site Fitness center & Locker rooms
- Paid Maternity & Paternity Leaves
- On-demand mental healthcare support
- Summer Hours
- Full-service Cafeteria
- Employee Resource Groups & Activity Clubs
- Free & Discounted Chocolate!
If you are looking to join a winning team and fast-track your career, contact us!
Lindt and Sprüngli USA is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants regardless of race, age, ethnicity, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status. This is not a comprehensive list of skills and requirements, and the role may change over time. Applicants for this position must successfully pass a background screening. Please contact the Human Resources department for more information.
Skills & Knowledge
- Proven successful experience developing products and portfolios in a fast-moving, CPG environment at Brand Manager level
- Strong project management experience leading product innovation & renovation workstreams
- Ability to manage multiple priorities effectively
- Data-driven & analytical turning insights into action
- Consumer centric
- Strong business ownership
- Cross-functional leadership & collaboration
- P&L understanding
- 3+ plus years of product management and/or development in CPG marketing
- Brand management experience
- Bachelor’s degree
- Master’s degree or MBA
Other Requirements: Travel as required.
- Managing and Measuring Work – Clearly assigns responsibility for tasks and decisions; sets clear objectives and measures; monitors process, progress and results; designs feedback loops into work.
- Solution Oriented – these are high visibility, high priority projects. It is important that the manager is able to bring people together to brainstorm for solutions as issues arise.
- Timely Decision Making– Makes decisions in a timely manner, sometimes with incomplete information and under tight deadlines and pressure able to make a quick decision. Is able to escalate when needed.
- Time Management– Uses his/hers time effectively and efficiently; values time; concentrates his/her efforts on the more important priorities; gets more done in less time than others; can attend to abroad range of activities.
- Collaborative– Is able to work with and mobilize a large cross functional team. Is able to connect the dots between consumer needs, brand requirements and channel considerations.
- Perseverance– Pursues everything with energy, drive and a need to finish; seldom gives up before finishing. Especially in the face of resistance or setbacks.
- Motivating Others– Creates a climate in which people want to do their best can motivate many kinds of direct reports and team or project members; can assess each person’s hot button and use it to get the best of him/her; pushes tasks and decisions down; empowers others, invites input from each person and shares ownership and visibility makes each individual feel his/her work is important; is someone people like working for and with.
- Intellectual Horsepower– is bright and intelligent; deals with concept and complexity comfortably described as intellectually sharp, capable and agile.
Sign Up for Job Alerts
Register today to receive job alert emails about our newest opportunities.