Brand Manager - EasterJob ID 20-400
Location Stratham, New Hampshire
- Responsible for defining the strategy for assigned brands within the Lindt portfolio. Along with product design and development, this individual will make recommendations for pricing, placement and promotions.
- Responsible for providing the strategic vision for assigned brands and business sectors based on the consumer and their needs.
- Provides creative and profitable business solutions which enable Lindt (USA) to grow and prosper.
- Responsible for managing an assigned portfolio to include SKU rationalization, mix strategies and profit optimization.
- Monitor SWOT elements and respond to internal and competitive developments to ensure market success.
- Implement and execute marketing plans and strategies within approved marketing budgets. Ensure that marketing programs are profitable and competitive.
- Determine return on investment for merchandising and marketing programs to make recommendations for future marketing strategies.
- Directly responsible for all aspects of marketing for a portfolio of items and programs to develop successful and profitable sales for Lindt (USA).
- Work with wholesale and retail sales to track demand, participate in the monthly forecasting process, track performance, monitor pricing and ensure marketing plans are executed.
New Product Development
- Evaluate product portfolio and the marketplace and make recommendations for new product launches and product improvements to ensure Lindt & Sprüngli's growth and brand equity in the marketplace.
- Analyze market potentials on an ongoing basis for existing and new products and develop competitive concepts to ensure the long-term, profitable growth of Lindt (USA).
- Analyze viability and profit/sales potential for new segments, markets, and consumers.
- Develop and implement strategies and plans to maximize the profitability of assigned products / product categories while maintaining the high quality standard.
- Drive the New Item Introduction process (NII) for assigned brand(s); Secure and engage cross functional support to meet required deliverables in a timely manner.
- Develop and implement recommendations for all brands at retail with a primary focus on new incremental business opportunities.
- Responsible for designing and implementing consumer-centric plans for retail.
- Determine and execute consumer research platforms that help Lindt to understand business opportunities in the long-term.
- Make and create consumer based recommendation on products and platforms which generate incremental volume for the organization.
- Responsible for the development and implementation of the marketing plan which focuses on product, price, promotions and placement and will entail collaboration with others in other functions.
- Maintain a proactive approach to strategy execution and consistently communicate vertically and cross functionally to ensure alignment of internal priorities and those necessary resources are allocated appropriately to achieve desired results.
- Responsible for securing departmental as well as cross-functional understanding of strategic objectives; secure commitment to drive the business results through optimal execution of seasonal and everyday offerings.
- Develop own capabilities and skills.
- Mentor others to develop and thrive.
- Responsible for supporting the development and full utilization of other's capabilities to improve business processes and help the organization to accomplish its objectives; may be assigned direct supervisory responsibility.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Minimum of five (5) years experience in a Marketing position within a FMCPG
- Proven ability to develop and utilize many elements of the marketing mix to drive the business
- Research experience - consumer panels & Qualitative / Quantitative research methods
- Previous experience with full P&L responsibility, a plus
- Experience working in an international corporate environment, a plus
- Experience in new product development, a plus
Skills & Knowledge:
- Exceptional analytical, communication, and presentation skills
- Demonstrated interpersonal and leadership skills with ambition and potential to develop to more senior roles
- Excellent collaborative and negotiation skills with ability to build productive business relationships cross functionally within the organization and outside of the organization with agency partners
- Assertive self-starter with ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Strong record of complex project management with multi-disciplinary teams
- Ability to prioritize and effectively measure and drive for results in an entrepreneurial work environment
- Ability to take a more generalist 'business' approach to drive the business
- Microsoft office skills -- Experienced and proficient at a high level in Excel and PowerPoint
- Bachelors degree
- Masters degree in related field
- Add here (Examples: "Able to work on holidays" or "Travel 10%-15%")
As a multi-channel, fast-growing consumer goods company, we recognize that in a competitive market, hiring the right talent makes all the difference. To create happy and loyal Lindt consumers, we need to hire and retain empowered and results-driven Lindt employees. Our teams are comprised of inspired and dedicated professionals who stretch the boundaries of a typical career experience by living our Core Values and making a difference in our business every day. To learn more about our culture and teams, visit www.Jobs.LindtUSA.com.
Our Core Values:
- Passion For The Best - At Lindt we have pride and passion for what we do -- we aspire for excellence in everything.
- In It Together - At Lindt we are one team with a shared purpose -- we invest in our relationships and value each other.
- Always Evolving - At Lindt we shape our future -- we take opportunities to improve, adapt to change and build on our strengths.
- Make An Impact - At Lindt we take responsibility for driving results -- we focus on what matters to deliver on our commitments.
This job description is not exhaustive and the Company reserves the right to adjust the job description as well as ask employees to undertake additional or different job responsibilities. Lindt and Sprüngli is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, age, veteran status, or any other classification protected by state, local or federal law. Applicants for this position must successfully pass a background screening and may be required to pass drug screenings as well. All Lindt & Sprüngli (USA) Inc. properties are smoke and tobacco free.