Associate Customer Marketing ManagerJob ID 19-682
Location Stratham, New Hampshire
The individual in this role will partner with the Customer Marketing Manager(s) to create best in class shopper focused activations and point of sale materials, grounded in shopper insights and aligned to national brand strategies. This person will collaborate with the other members of the Customer Marketing team, and cross functionally with Sales, Brand Marketing, Operations and Finance to provide unique shopper platforms for specific retailers, which will make a direct impact on delivering against Lindt's growth objectives. This role requires strong communication and presentation skills, problem-solving ability, project management and analytical capabilities.
Essential Job Functions/Key Accountabilities
- Coordinate activation of annual marketing programs and promotions; collaborating Customer Marketing Manager (CMM), internal channel partners, cross-functional teams and agencies to deliver high impact programs, drive promotions and selling tools. Tactics to include, but not limited to digital marketing, social/influencer activations, couponing and sampling to drive shopper conversion at their retailer(s)
- For assigned programs/campaigns manage relationships with agency partners and keyvendors to ensure they are delivered on-time, to brief and budget while also being aligned with brand and retailer(s) strategies.
- Assist in the development of materials for customer line review and JBP meetings, as directed by the CMM and account managers; Partcipate in the customer sales meetings where appropriate
- Partner with CMM to brainstorm and develop 360 degree, omni channel retailer programs
Point of Sale
- Act as project lead on display development for assigned projects, ensuring project timelines and financial objectives are met. Fiscally accountable for delivering projects within an assigned budget.
- Serve a project lead for assigned display projects, ensuring floor displays and any other off-shelf merchandising vehicles are developed to support brand initiatives and build brand equity while also meeting customer requirements and driving shopper conversion.
- Partner closely with internal teams or third party vendors on initiatives; Ensure projects follow the Lindt internal approval and project lifecycle management process, including being accountable for inputting into the Lindt PLM system
- Partner with internal creative or external agencies to design, produce and deploy point of sale materials in-store.
- Perform ongoing business analysis and create recommendations for marketing mix elements and other business building initiatives that drive the performance of Lindt USA at assigned retailers
- Utilize syndicated data (IRI), shopper data (retailer specific such as EYC), industry resources (Kantar, Statista, etc...) and internal shipment and profitability data aid in the analysis
General support of Shopper Marketing programs
- Responsilibites may include:
- Set up and tracking of coupons
- Managing deployment of materials in support of customer shopper programs/events
- Assist in set-up and management of trade shows and relevant customer events
- Assist in new vendor set-up and process of payments
- Action Oriented -- Enjoys working hard; is action oriented and full of energy for things he/ she sees as challenging; not fearful of acting with a minimum of planning; seizes more opportunities than others.
- Perseverance -- Pursues everything with energy, drive and a need to finish; seldom gives up before finishing, especially in the face of resistance or setbacks.
- Motivating Others -- Creates a climate in which people want to do their best; can motivate many kinds of team or project members; empowers others; invites input from each person and shares ownership and visibility; makes each individual feel his / her work is important; is someone people like working with.
- Intellectual Horsepower -- Is bright and intelligent; deals with concepts and complexity comfortably; described as intellectually sharp, capable and agile.
- Managing and Measuring Work -- Clearly assigns responsibility for tasks and decisions; sets clear objectives and measures; monitors process, progress and results; designs feedback loops into work.
- Timely Decision Making -- Makes decisions in a timely manner, sometimes with incomplete information and under tight deadlines and pressure; able to make a quick decision.
- Time Management -- Uses his / her time effectively and efficiently; values time; concentrates his/ her efforts on the more important priorities; gets more done in less time than others; can attend to a broad range of activities.
Skills & Knowledge
- Proven verbal/written communication and teamwork skills required
- Proven ability to lead cross functional teams to deliver strategic projects in a timely manner.
- Strong quantitative/ analytical skills required
- Strong quantitative/ analytical skills required
- Agency Management experience a plus
- Minimum 3-5 years expereince
- Solid experience with developing, implementing and supporting programs in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment.
- Prior Experience in CPG Sales or Marketing or related agency experience required
Specific experience developing and managing shopper marketing programs at national retail customers a plus Education
- Bachelors degree
- MBA preferred
- Travel 10%