Associate Brand ManagerJob ID 19-490
Location Stratham, New Hampshire
The Associate Brand Manager will help manage and grow a leading brand within Lindt This position will be responsible for developing brand-building plans and executing projects and initiatives for assigned brand, which support both the short and long-term marketing strategy. The Associate Brand Manager will collaborate cross-functionally (locally and with international colleagues) to create brand relevancy with consumers, drive profitable growth and, develop and execute activities that build and support the brand equity. This person will also support in managing vendor and agency partners and all aspects of their projects.
Essential Job Functions & Responsibilities:
- Develop, present, and execute trade and consumer-relevant programs with clear measures for success that contribute to sales, profit and brand health objectives.
- Leverage working knowledge of consumer, category and brand and continually identify, develop, and execute business-building initiatives which deliver against the global brand strategy, and the company's business and marketing objectives.
- Thoroughly understand Lindt brand equity and respective sub-brand equities. Develop brand plans and initiatives, such as digital support, PR, promotions, packaging and creative, which fully align and strengthen positioning.
- Responsible for managing an assigned portfolio to include SKU rationalization, mix strategies and profit optimization.
- Responsible for heavily influencing portfolio P&L.
- Evaluate product portfolio and the marketplace and make recommendations for new product launches and product improvements to ensure Lindt & Sprüngli's growth and brand equity in the marketplace.
- - Analyze market potentials on an ongoing basis for existing and new products and develop competitive concepts to ensure the long-term, profitable growth of Lindt (USA).
- - Analyze viability and profit/sales potential for new segments, markets, and consumers.
- - Develop and implement strategies and plans to maximize the profitability of assigned products / product categories while maintaining the high quality standard.
- - Drive the Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) process for assigned brand(s); Secure and engage cross functional support to meet required deliverables in a timely manner.
Cross Functional Support
- Execute marketing communication plans via advertising and consumer promotions, including social media, PR, and consumer activations.
- Communicate regularly with the Field Sales Force, and Customer Marketing to ensure that marketing programs are properly implemented.
- Proactively communicate and collaborate with Field Sales to ensure meaningful integration and alignment in meeting the needs of the customer and marketplace.
- Attend sales calls and participate in selling at the customer level.
- Work with Research and Development to develop new products.
Research and Analytics
- Conduct routine analysis of the brand, key initiative, competition, category, customer and consumer. Synthesize key findings and indications which enhance brand and company performance on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
- Lead and assist with insight gathering research that collects consumer and competitive knowledge that can be utilized to enhance and evolve the brand's recipe development, promotional acceptance and communication evolution, among others.
- Thoroughly understand internal brand metrics, such as sales and profit, and actively contribute to sales projections and financial planning to drive the brand.
- Garner channel specific insights and become to go-to person for applicable customers by leading monthly key account meetings.
Skills & Knowledge
- Exceptional analytical, communication, and presentation skills
- Excellent collaborative and negotiation skills with ability to build productive business relationships cross functionally within the organization and outside of the organization with agency partners
- Assertive self-starter with ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Strong record of complex project management with multi-disciplinary teams
- Ability to prioritize and effectively measure and drive for results in an entrepreneurial work environment
- Ability to manage projects and be a motivating, positive influence
- Microsoft office skills -- Experienced and proficient at a high level in Excel and PowerPoint
- Minimum of three (3) years experience in a Marketing position within a FMCPG
- Proven ability to develop and utilize many elements of the marketing mix to drive the business
- Analytics experience -- should have worked with Nielsen and/or IRI
- Experience working in an international corporate environment, a plus
- Experience in new product development, a plus
- Master's degree in related field
As a multi-channel, fast-growing consumer goods company, we recognize that in a competitive market, hiring the right talent makes all the difference. To create happy and loyal Lindt consumers, we need to hire and retain empowered and results-driven Lindt employees. Our teams are comprised of inspired and dedicated professionals who stretch the boundaries of a typical career experience by living our Core Values and making a difference in our business every day. To learn more about our culture and teams, visit www.Jobs.LindtUSA.com.
Our Core Values:
- Passion for The Best - At Lindt we have pride and passion for what we do -- we aspire for excellence in everything.
- In It Together - At Lindt we are one team with a shared purpose -- we invest in our relationships and value each other.
- Always Evolving - At Lindt we shape our future -- we take opportunities to improve, adapt to change and build on our strengths.
- Make an Impact - At Lindt we take responsibility for driving results -- we focus on what matters to deliver on our commitments.
This job description is not exhaustive, and the Company reserves the right to adjust the job description as well as ask employees to undertake additional or different job responsibilities. Lindt and Sprüngli is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, age, veteran status, or any other classification protected by state, local or federal law. Applicants for this position must successfully pass a background screening and may be required to pass drug screenings as well. All Lindt & Sprüngli (USA) Inc. properties are smoke and tobacco free.