Senior Category Advisor - Walmart
In connection with your application, we collect information that identifies, reasonably relates to or describes you (“Personal Information”). The categories of Personal Information that we collect include your name, government-issued identification number(s), email address, mailing address, other contact information, emergency contact information, employment history, educational history, criminal record, and demographic information. We collect and use those categories of Personal Information about you for human resources and other business management purposes, including identifying and evaluating you as a candidate for potential or future employment or future contract positions, recordkeeping in relation to recruiting and hiring, conducting criminal background checks as permitted by law, conducting analytics, and ensuring compliance with applicable legal requirements and Company policies.
Location Rogers, Arkansas
Reporting to the Director of Category Management -- Mass/Drug, the Senior Category Advisor -- Walmart will own the category management relationship with Walmart. This role will drive growth at Walmart for the Premium chocolate category, leveraging shopper insights, market trends, consumption data and category assessments to make fact based recommendations direct to the Walmart buying team. This role be critical in supporting Walmart across all Seasons as well as in Food Gifting, delivering category reviews, making planogram and assortment recommendations and overall helping Walmart to optimize the chocolate shopper experience.
Essential Job Functions/Key Accountabilities
- Advisorship of the Premium chocolate category at Walmart responsible for providing strategic and tactical recommendations to Walmart buyers on the Distribution, Shelving, Merchandising, and Price partitions to improve Seasonal and Gifting category performance. Provide strategic guidance on Everyday Premium chocolate category.
- Utilize relevant information data sources such as Retail Link, Luminate, IRI Unify and other secondary sources to collect, analyze, interpret and report out insights and recommendations to accelerate growth.
- Proactively identify emerging shopper trends, competitive threats and customer opportunities leveraging all available resources making fact-based recommendations to Walmart.
- Develop strategic planogram recommendations to improve shopability, conversion and space to sales leveraging JDA ProSpace and other applicable tools and research.
- Support Walmart adhoc requests for data / information.
- Develop and lead regular customer meetings and category reviews
- Develop strong working relationships with Walmart's Buyers and Walmart cross functional partners.
- Provides support to Walmart Buyers in developing an integrated category strategy.
As a multi-channel, fast-growing consumer goods company, we recognize that in a competitive market, hiring the right talent makes all the difference. To create happy and loyal Lindt consumers, we need to hire and retain empowered and results-driven Lindt employees. Our teams are comprised of inspired and dedicated professionals who stretch the boundaries of a typical career experience by living our Core Values and making a difference in our business every day. To learn more about our culture and teams, visit www.Jobs.LindtUSA.com.
Our Core Values:
- Passion For The Best - At Lindt we have pride and passion for what we do -- we aspire for excellence in everything.
- In It Together - At Lindt we are one team with a shared purpose -- we invest in our relationships and value each other.
- Always Evolving - At Lindt we shape our future -- we take opportunities to improve, adapt to change and build on our strengths.
- Make An Impact - At Lindt we take responsibility for driving results -- we focus on what matters to deliver on our commitments.
- Act Responsibly - At Lindt we act with integrity, treat others with respect, value diversity and care for the environment to create a sustainable tomorrow.
This job description is not exhaustive and the Company reserves the right to adjust the job description as well as ask employees to undertake additional or different job responsibilities. Lindt and Sprüngli is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, age, veteran status, or any other classification protected by state, local or federal law. Applicants for this position must successfully pass a background screening and may be required to pass drug screenings as well. All Lindt & Sprüngli (USA) Inc. properties are smoke and tobacco free.
- JDA Experience required
- Advanced computer skills; advanced knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint.
- Advanced analytical and reporting skills.
- Ability to work independently to complete projects in a timely fashion.
- Excellent written and oral communication.
- Ability to problem solve and multi-task in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
- 5+ years Category Management and analytical experience.
- 5+ years experience mining data systems, such as:
- Retail Link
- CPG environment
- Walmart experience
- Bachelors degree
- Masters Degree
- Category Management certification
- Travel Required ~5% of time
- Role is based in Bentonville, AR
Lindt & Sprungli USA is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability or have questions or require assistance with any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to careersUSA@lindt.com to include the nature of your inquiry and your contact information.