National Account Manager (Walmart)Job ID 19-529
Location Rogers, Arkansas
The individual in this position is responsible for developing the wholesale distribution of L&S Seasonal (Holiday, Valentine, and Easter) products at WALMART, and achieving and/or exceeding projected sales and profitability goals. In addition, this person ensures that: Lindt & Sprungli is meeting the customer's needs; company sales objectives and profitability goals are met, while striving to optimize efficiencies and additional sales opportunities at WALMART.
Essential Job Functions & Responsibilities:
National Sales & Account Management
- Maintain an effective direct relationship with the national key account WALMART. Optimize Lindt's competitive position and continually evolve the Seasonal business strategy in an effort to profitably achieve or exceed sales plan.
- Ensure WALMART Seasonal Buying needs are met without compromising the defined L&S market channel strategy; market and sell products appropriate to WALMART as defined within strategy guidelines.
- Render high-level, strategic presentations to WALMART as a means to procure chain-wide distribution of wholesale products from the seasonal portfolio including incremental display space
- Submit accurate forecasts to insure the delivery of the appropriate product to customers in a timely and efficient manner to achieve volume objectives while meeting budgetary guidelines.
- Partner with Customer Marketing and Brand Teams to develop and execute WALMART Seasonal sales programs that ensure customer alignment with product and promotional planning; Maintain long-lead planning timeline to ensure effective execution.
- Maintain effective and timely internal communication with key stakeholders to ensure adjustments to customer strategies are understood and available resources aligned efficiently.
- Create long term business relationships with WALMART Seasonal Buying Team and foster a sustainable competitive advantage for Lindt
- Understand WALMART Seasonal timeliness and requirements and proactively and constructively work these back through the Lindt home office
- Consistently achieve sales goals and profitability while operating within budgetary constraints to contribute to the overall profitability of Lindt & Sprüngli (USA).
- Develop and recommend Seasonal annual budget requirements to maximize profit levels within area of responsibility.
- Develop and achieve accurate Seasonal rolling sales forecasts to optimize production planning and minimize seasonal excess inventory.
- Develop and achieve accurate rolling sales forecasts to optimize production planning and availability
- Continuously seek profitability optimization initiatives with the customer
- Within scope of responsibility respond to, and assist with keeping customer deductions to a minimum and influence customer compliance with payment terms.
- Responsible for monitoring and ensuring the effective utilization of Trade Promotion and Demo Funds to develop and expand business. Fully document support plans in trade system and ensure timely tracking of deductions
- Within scope of responsibility respond to, and assist with keeping customer deductions to a minimum and influence customer compliance to 30-day net invoicing.
- Develop and maintain a comprehensive understanding of the L&S product offering in order to optimize sales efforts and guarantee customer focused, fact based selling; remain up to date with new product initiatives, services and other relevant information of interest to customers.
- Manage a cadence of 16-18 month innovation meetings between seasonal brand and buying partners to develop leading products that meet customer needs and drive higher sales/gross profits for both L&S and WALMART.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Minimum 2 years' experience as a Key Account / National Account Manager selling to WALMART
- Consumer Packaged Goods (CPG) company experience required
- Seasonal Food Experience preferred but not required.
Skills & Knowledge:
- Strong interpersonal and fact-based selling skills; results oriented
- Ability to develop accurate rolling forecasts, strategic problem solving and negotiation skills.
- Excellent verbal, written, analytical and formal presentation skills
- Creativity and understanding of product development process
- Committed to success and resilient through adversity
- Bachelors degree required; Masters degree in related field preferred.
- Travel 25%
- Team player
- Ability to lead and manage cross-functional teams
As a multi-channel, fast-growing consumer goods company, we recognize that in a competitive market, hiring the right talent makes all the difference. To create happy and loyal Lindt consumers, we need to hire and retain empowered and results-driven Lindt employees. Our teams are comprised of inspired and dedicated professionals who stretch the boundaries of a typical career experience by living our Core Values and making a difference in our business every day. To learn more about our culture and teams, visit www.Jobs.LindtUSA.com.
Our Core Values:
- Passion For The Best - At Lindt we have pride and passion for what we do -- we aspire for excellence in everything.
- In It Together - At Lindt we are one team with a shared purpose -- we invest in our relationships and value each other.
- Always Evolving - At Lindt we shape our future -- we take opportunities to improve, adapt to change and build on our strengths.
- Make An Impact - At Lindt we take responsibility for driving results -- we focus on what matters to deliver on our commitments.
This job description is not exhaustive and the Company reserves the right to adjust the job description as well as ask employees to undertake additional or different job responsibilities. Lindt and Sprüngli is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, age, veteran status, or any other classification protected by state, local or federal law. Applicants for this position must successfully pass a background screening and may be required to pass drug screenings as well. All Lindt & Sprüngli (USA) Inc. properties are smoke and tobacco free.