National Account Manager (Walmart & Sam's Club)Apply Now Job ID 18-404
Location Rogers, Arkansas
The individual in this position is responsible for developing the distribution and sales of L&S products at WALMART & SAM'S CLUB. This person strives to achieve and/or exceed projected key account sales goals. In addition, this person ensures the customer's needs; company sales objectives and profitability goals are met, while striving to optimize efficiencies and additional sales opportunities at WALMART & SAM'S CLUB.
Essential Job Functions/Key Accountabilities
National Sales & Account Management
- Create long term business relationships with Walmart/Sam's Club and foster a sustainable competitive advantage for Lindt
- Understand Walmart/Sam's Club timeliness and requirements and proactively and constructively work these back through the Lindt home office
- Submit accurate forecasts to insure the delivery of the appropriate product to customers in a timely and efficient manner to achieve profit volume, while remaining within budgetary guidelines.
- Ensure Walmart/Sam's Club needs are met without compromising the defined L&S market channel strategy; market and sell products appropriate to the channel as defined within strategy guidelines.
- Partner with Walmart/Sam's Club to develop and execute promotional sales programs to include scheduling how funds will be allocated; Plan sufficient lead-time to ensure effective execution.
- Maintain effective and timely internal communication with key stakeholders to ensure adjustments to customer strategies are understood and available resources aligned efficiently.
- Consistently achieve sales goals and profitability while operating within budgetary constraints to contribute to the overall profitability of Lindt & Sprüngli (USA).
- Develop and recommend annual budget requirements to maximize profit levels within area of responsibility.
- Develop and achieve accurate rolling sales forecasts to optimize production planning and minimize out of stock items.
- Responsible for monitoring and ensuring the effective utilization of Trade Promotion Funds to develop and expand business in assigned national key accounts.
- Within scope of responsibility respond to, and assist with keeping customer deductions to a minimum and influence customer compliance to 30-day net invoicing.
- Develop and maintain a comprehensive understanding of the L&S product offering in order to optimize sales efforts and guarantee fact based selling; remain up to date with new product initiatives, services and other relevant information of interest to customers.
- Stay abreast and communicate competitive activity within assigned national key accounts so that L&S can react accordingly.
Skills & Knowledge
- Strong interpersonal and fact-based selling skills; results-oriented
- Ability to develop accurate rolling forecasts, strategic problem solving and negotiation skills
- Excellent verbal, written, analytical and formal presentation skills
- Minimum 5-8 years experience as a Key Account / National Account Manager selling to Walmart and/or Sam's Club
- Specific Food / Beverage / Consumer Packaged Goods (CPG) company experience required
- 3 plus years of leadership experience
- Confection category experience a plus
- Experience working with confection / food distributors
- Bachelors degree
- Masters degree in related field or MBA preferred
- Travel 40%
It is impossible to list every requirement for, or responsibility of, any position. Similarly we cannot identify all the skills a position may require since job responsibilities and the Company's needs may change over time. Therefore, the above job description is not comprehensive or exhaustive. The Company reserves the right to adjust, add to or eliminate any aspect of the above description. The Company also retains the right to require all employees to undertake additional or different job responsibilities when necessary to meet business needs.
Lindt and Sprüngli is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
Applicants for this position must successfully pass a background screening and may be required to pass drug screenings as well. As of July 2018, all Lindt & Sprüngli (USA) Inc. properties will be smoke and tobacco free.