Category Manager - Target
The individual in this role will help Lindt expand category influence, grow sales and deliver against category management specific KPIs such as distribution, secondary placement and best in class merchandising. This will be accomplished by acting as a strategic partner for the Lindt Target Account by providing best in class shopper insights and analytics to maximize category growth.
Essential Job Functions & Responsibilities:
- Ensure expertise in customer strategy and shopper behavior across relevant confection segments (impulse, gifting, dark chocolate, indulgence, etc…) to influence business planning initiatives and plans that mutually grow KPIs for Lindt and the category.
- Bring best in class shopper insights to Target, to influence customer strategy and support Lindt initiatives.
- Support Lindt strategy and selling initiatives through the development of a best in class Target strategy and selling stories that are tailored to be specific to key retailers. This includes analyzing and synthesizing syndicated and shopper data coupled with trend and shopper insight information.
- Act as a consultant and strategic partner to Target providing unbiased recommendations to drive overall category growth.
- Develop strategic planogram recommendations, combining proven merchandising theory, retailer case studies and Lindt strategy with solid analysis to maximize category sales.
- Synthesize multiple data sources including POS, Panel, Shoppercard and Insights to craft compelling, concise and actionable selling stories. Lead the creation of everyday line reviews, seasonal reviews and checklane reviews.
- Play a leadership role in conducting category management reviews, analyzing business issues, and providing business insights and recommendations in the areas of assortment, pricing, and promotion to improve business results.
- Present analysis, trend information and category opportunities directly to Target, building a strong relationship directly with the buyers or retailer category managers to influence retailer strategy and support Lindt business objectives.
- In collaboration with the Category team and specific Brand Managers, lead the creation of seasonal and key initiative selling presentations contributing insights while also combining inputs into a comprehensive selling story.
Essential Job Functions & Responsibilities (continued):
Sales & Marketing Support
- Influence the development of strategic sales and category action plans for the Target channel through the sharing of knowledge gained from customer specific shopper card information. Help to establish priorities that are consistent with Lindt and key account goals and objectives, market share and overall category profitability.
- Actively participate in weekly team calls or meetings with respective Sales Managers and/or Marketing.
Research and Analysis
- Serve as the expert on the Target account by fully understanding shopper motivations, triggers and barriers through available shopper card, custom research or panel information.
- Be the information expert in the analysis of syndicated data, shopper card data, household panel data, and customer point of sale data, leading to key insights and business recommendations in the areas of item distribution and assortment, pricing and promotion
Lindt USA’s salary range reflects market rates based on our size, revenue, and location. Starting pay is determined using a wide range of factors including, but not limited to, job-related skills, knowledge, and experience as well as market conditions. A bonus and/or long-term incentive may be included as part of this compensation package, for more information please reach out to our recruiting team.
Our Perks & Amenities:
In addition to a highly competitive salary, benefits package and professional development, Lindt USA offers an amazing, supportive culture that enables employees to thrive professionally while achieving work-life balance:
- Hybrid & flexible work options
- Start with 4 weeks of Paid Time Off
- Volunteer Time Off
- Holiday Pay
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental, and Vision plans
- 401(k) Plan with a 4% Company Match
- Up to 100% Tuition Reimbursement
- Fully equipped, on-site Fitness center & Locker rooms
- Paid Maternity & Paternity Leaves
- On-demand mental healthcare support
- Summer Hours
- Full-service Cafeteria
- Employee Resource Groups & Activity Clubs
- Free & Discounted Chocolate!
Our Core Values:
- Excellence– At Lindt we have passion for the best and pride in what we do – we aspire for excellence in everything.
- Collaboration– At Lindt are in it together, locally and globally with a shared purpose. We invest in our relationships and value each other.
- Entrepreneurship– At Lindt we take ownership to drive results and make an impact – we focus on what matters to deliver on our commitments.
- Innovation– At Lindt we are always evolving to shape our future. We look for new and better ways to deliver success, adapt to change and build on our strengths.
- Responsibility– At Lindt we act responsibly – we treat others with respect, value diversity, and care for the environment to create a sustainable tomorrow.
If you are looking to join a winning team and fast-track your career, contact us!
Lindt and Sprüngli USA is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants regardless of race, age, ethnicity, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status. This is not a comprehensive list of skills and requirements, and the role may change over time. Applicants for this position must successfully pass a background screening. Please contact the Human Resources department for more information.
- 5+ years Category Management and analytical experience.
- 5+ years experience mining data systems, such as:
- IRI, Nielsen Suite
- Info Retriever, Retail Link
- EYC, 84.51
- 3+ years experience working on category management team
- CPG experience
Skills & Knowledge:
- Proficient in EYC is Mandatory
- Advanced computer skills; advanced knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint.
- Advanced analytical and reporting skills.
- Ability to work independently to complete projects in a timely fashion.
- Excellent written and oral communication.
- Demonstrated success in cross functional work environments.
- Ability to problem solve and multi-task in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
- Bachelors degree required; Masters degree in related field preferred.
- Travel Required ~25% of Time (Highly Seasonal)
Sign Up for Job Alerts
Register today to receive job alert emails about our newest opportunities.