National Account Manager (Albertsons)Job ID 19-432
The individual in this position is responsible for building relationships and developing accurate sales forecasts for the wholesale distribution of L&S product at Albertsons Companies, and achieving and/or exceeding projected key account sales goals. In addition, this person ensures the customer's needs; company sales objectives and profitability goals are met, while striving to optimize efficiencies and additional sales opportunities at Albertsons Companies.
Essential Job Functions/Key Responsibilities
National Sales & Account Management
- Under direction of Team Leader - Develop, motivate, manage, and maintain an effective direct, national key account and broker network to optimize the company's competitive position; continually source new business opportunities in an effort to achieve or exceed sales plan.
- Work with Team Leader and Sales Analyst to render high-level, strategic presentations to Albertsons Companies Corporate as well as all of the Albertsons Company Banners to procure chain-wide distribution of wholesale products and promotions.
- Submit accurate forecasts to insure the delivery of the appropriate product to customers in a timely and efficient manner to achieve profit volume, while remaining within budgetary guidelines.
- Ensure Albertsons Companies needs are met without compromising the defined L&S market channel strategy; market and sell products appropriate to the channel as defined within strategy guidelines.
- Work with Team Leader, Lindt Customer Marketing and brokers to develop and execute promotional sales programs to include scheduling how funds will be allocated; Plan sufficient lead-time to ensure effective execution.
- Maintain effective and timely internal communication with key stakeholders to ensure adjustments to customer strategies are understood and available resources aligned efficiently.
- Consistently achieve sales goals and profitability while operating within budgetary constraints to contribute to the overall profitability of Lindt & Sprüngli (USA).
- Develop and recommend annual budget requirements to maximize profit levels within area of responsibility.
- Develop and achieve accurate rolling sales forecasts to optimize production planning and minimize out of stock items.
- Responsible for monitoring and ensuring the effective utilization of Trade Promotion Funds to develop and expand business in assigned national key accounts.
- Within scope of responsibility respond to, and assist with keeping customer deductions to a minimum and influence customer compliance to 30-day net invoicing.
- Develop and maintain a comprehensive understanding of the L&S product offering in order to optimize sales efforts and guarantee fact based selling; remain up to date with new product initiatives, services and other relevant information of interest to customers.
- Stay abreast and communicate competitive activity within assigned national key accounts so that L&S can react accordingly.
- Understand and influence Albertsons Companies strategies around Category Management
- Minimum 5-8 years national account management experience within CPG
- 3 plus years of leadership
- 3 plus years of experience calling on Albertsons Companies
Skills & Knowledge
- Strong interpersonal and fact-based selling skills; results oriented
- Ability to develop accurate rolling forecasts, strategic problem solving and negotiation skills.
- Excellent verbal, written, analytical and formal presentation skills
- Ability to collaborate between Lindt, Albertsons and Brokers to establish and accomplish common goals
- Bachelors degree required, MBA preferred
- Travel 30-50%
It is impossible to list every requirement for, or responsibility of, any position. Similarly we cannot identify all the skills a position may require since job responsibilities and the Company's needs may change over time. Therefore, the above job description is not comprehensive or exhaustive. The Company reserves the right to adjust, add to or eliminate any aspect of the above description. The Company also retains the right to require all employees to undertake additional or different job responsibilities when necessary to meet business needs.
Lindt and Sprüngli is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
Applicants for this position must successfully pass a background screening and may be required to pass drug screenings as well.