At Lindt USA, we value our Retail Team’s commitment to providing every customer that walks into one of our Lindt Chocolate Shops a premium and unforgettable experience. From the smile on their face to the smooth melting Lindor Truffle sample they provide, every Retail Team Employee has the opportunity to make a lasting impression on our guests. If you love working in a fast-paced, customer-focused, retail environment, and share our passion for delivering a premium chocolate experience, we’d love to hear from you. We offer both part-time and full-time opportunities for retail professionals in all phases of their careers.
What makes a successful Retail Sales Associate at Lindt? Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix. Additional related traits listed below.
- Positive 10
- Results-driven 10
- Team Player 9
- Problem-solver 9
- Multi-tasker 8
- Adaptive 8
I like working at Lindt because we have direct partnerships between our stores, field leadership, and our home office, which I have not experienced anywhere else in the retail industry.Jenn G., Retail District Manager
Recipes, design ideas, and more! Check out Lindt’s blog, “Unwrapped.”
Wondering what it’s like to be a part of Lindt USA? Get a sneak peek with our internal newsletter, “Lindt Latest.”
Employee assistance program
Our Employee Assistance Program is available 24/7 to all Lindt employees to help them, and those in their household, manage life issues that can interefere with job performance and personal well-being.
Every employee who is 21+ is eligible to enroll; 100% company match up to 3% ( and 50% match on employee contributions over 3% but not more than 5%.) Immediately vested.
50% Employee Discount
All Lindt employees receive 50% off regularly priced merchandise at all Lindt Chocolate Shop locations.
All employees are offered vision coverage; Full-time employees also receive additional healthcare options.
Opportunities to grow your career within our retail stores, retail leadership, and corporate teams.
The ability to innovate, ask "what if,"and try new solutions without fear of failure.
The individual in this position is responsible for achieving and/or exceeding the store's sales budget, while insuring profitable store operations and performing all functions necessary to provide superior customer service. This includes the appropriate cash and budget controls, management and development of all resources including store personnel, inventory and facilities.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS/KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
Ensure store meets or exceeds weekly, monthly, annual sales budgets and consistently contributes to the company's overall achievement.
- Model Lindt standards and core competencies through everyday activities (leadership, commitment, passion, sales focus, drive for results, etc).
- Demonstrate a comprehensive understanding of the stores sales mission and the ability to communicate it effectively in actionable terms to the store staff.
- Own his / her business and is able to quantifiably articulate overall store metrics and performance.
- Motivate staff, build brand commitment and hold staff accountable to meeting critical internal KPI's and external sales opportunities.
- Identify and capture external sales opportunities to include, but not limited to, business-to-business contacts, external networking events and marketing opportunities.
- Proactively manage inventory levels in accordance with store's individual trends to insure stock levels are in line with sales demands and quality assurance guidelines, while minimizing out of stocks, overstocks and dated product.
Partner with the District Manager to hire, manage and develop store personnel in accordance with Lindt & Sprüngli standards and guidelines in order to ensure a dynamic, knowledgeable and sales driven team.
- Recruit qualified individuals for open positions.
- Proactively and effectively network to provide viable candidates for the store and the district.
- Retain high performers and control turnover.
- Train and hold staff accountable to company standards, ensuring daily operations and sales are achieved.
- Build a talent pool to prepare for staffing gaps due to promotions, peak selling seasons and/or turnover.
- Train, coach and mentor store staff to be highly engaged and fluent with sales techniques, insuring expert product knowledge is consistently demonstrated and the brand is accurately represented to the customer.
Ensure store meets or exceeds company standards for operational controls.
- Full P&L responsibility for the business.
- Inventory Control/Shrink.
- Cash Management (POS, paperwork, logs, Policies & Procedures).
- Responsible for audit compliance (DM Store Visits, Loss Prevention and Food Safety).
- Payroll/Labor Management.
- Compliance with specific store scheduling templates that are designed to meet the needs of the business.
- Expense Control (sampling, damages, supplies, etc.).
- Follow company directives in a timely and accurate manner.
- Comply with all quality assurance Policies & Procedures.
Visual Execution and Store Standards
Ensure store meets all company standards and expectations for visual direction and brand presentation.
- Full responsibility for store VMG (Visual Merchandising Guidelines).
- Timely and accurate execution of all merchandising directives.
- Responsible for upkeep and timely maintenance of the store; to include both exterior and interior presentation and cleanliness, fixtures, branding, price points, etc.
- Ensure product quality standards are met and daily product rotation (FIFO) requirements are adhered to.
Skills & Knowledge
- Proven sales background; preferably in a specialty environment.
- Demonstrated selling skills; working knowledge of outreach and corporate selling programs a plus.
- Knowledge of effective recruiting sources and techniques.
- Demonstrated success in a supervisory role.
- Basic math and/or accounting skills.
- Retail (Specialty preferred) or Hospitality background.
- Minimum 2 years of Management experience.
- Prior experience with computerized POS system.
- High School Diploma (Required) / Associates Degree (Preferred)
- Shift work to include nights, weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and Holiday's
- Regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 35 pounds, occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch and reach with arms.
It is impossible to list every requirement for, or responsibility of, any position. Similarly we cannot identify all the skills a position may require since job responsibilities and the Company's needs may change over time. Therefore, the above job description is not comprehensive or exhaustive. The Company reserves the right to adjust, add to or eliminate any aspect of the above description. The Company also retains the right to require all employees to undertake additional or different job responsibilities when necessary to meet business needs.
Lindt and Sprüngli is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
Applicants for this position must successfully pass a background screening and may be required to pass drug screenings as well.