National Account Manager (Kroger)Job ID 19-425
Location Cincinnati, Ohio
Seeking a dynamic, highly motivated and progressive-thinking Kroger sales professional who is capable of accelerating Lindt's growth potential as the leading premium chocolate brand in the US Market. This National Account Manager will define and lead Lindt's strategic growth strategy at Kroger Co. and will serve as the subject matter expert on Kroger and their different business models. We're seeking a bold and curious risk taker who is confident stepping forward to navigate complexity in an always evolving and competitive economy. They need to be strategic and collaborative, developing strong customer relationships fostered by innovative and sustainable growth solutions.
About The Team:
Our National Accounts Teams are divided up into specific business units that are highly specialized and dedicated to either a specific customer (Walmart, Target, Kroger, Costco, etc.) or a specific channel (Grocery, Club, Convenient Store, Specialty, etc.). These teams include our National Account Managers, Key Account Specialists, Category Advisors and Sales Analysts. While many of our Sales Teams are located in the Stratham, NH headquarters, we also have teams that work remotely to be closer to their customers, or are based in one of three field sales offices in Bentonville, AR, Cincinnati, OH or Minneapolis, MN. Leading the premium chocolate category, our Sales Teams are able to provide our national retail partners with a wide assortment of everyday, seasonal, and point-of-sale products to fill their shelves and delight their customers.
Essential Job Functions/Key Responsibilities:
National Sales Account Management
- Establish a direct selling relationship to further develop Lindt's partnership with Kroger Cos.
- Identify and execute against profitable and sustainable business opportunities.
- Develop business to create an impact and advance Lindt's competitive position.
- Leverage Kroger's network of go to market formats to achieve defined growth objectives and capture market share.
- Provide clear guidance to all internal and external resources around brand development execution and KPI's.
- Render high-level presentations to secure preferred brand placement and presence in order to deliver above average conversion.
- Define and build internal cross functional followership supporting Lindt's sustainable growth strategy across Kroger Cos. different business models.
- Manage P&L achieving sales and profitability targets within budget guidelines.
- Develop annual budget requirements and identify cross functional resources.
- Provide timely and accurate volume forecasts to ensure customer service expectations are met.
- Analyze Trade Promotion and Marketing Investments to maximize ROI.
- Analyze product portfolio to identify new growth opportunities satisfying Kroger Cos. different business models.
Our Core Values:
- Passion For The Best - At Lindt we have pride and passion for what we do -- we aspire for excellence in everything.
- In It Together - At Lindt we are one team with a shared purpose -- we invest in our relationships and value each other.
- Always Evolving - At Lindt we shape our future -- we take opportunities to improve, adapt to change and build on our strengths.
- Make An Impact - At Lindt we take responsibility for driving results -- we focus on what matters to deliver on our commitments.
Skills & Knowledge:
- Strong interpersonal and fact-based selling skills; results-oriented
- Fluent digital and eComm capabilities
- Excellent verbal, written, analytical and formal presentation skills
- Minimum 5-8 years job specific criteria required
- 3 plus years of strategic customer leadership
- 3 plus years of experience calling on Kroger Companies
- Familiarity with Trade Promotion Management and forecasting software applications preferred
- Bachelor's Degree required
- Travel 10%-15%
- Team player
- Ability to lead and manage cross-functional teams
It is impossible to list every requirement for, or responsibility of, any position. Similarly we cannot identify all the skills a position may require since job responsibilities and the Company's needs may change over time. Therefore, the above job description is not comprehensive or exhaustive. The Company reserves the right to adjust, add to or eliminate any aspect of the above description. The Company also retains the right to require all employees to undertake additional or different job responsibilities when necessary to meet business needs.
Lindt and Sprüngli is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
Applicants for this position must successfully pass a background screening and may be required to pass drug screenings as well.