Category Manager - Kroger
In connection with your application, we collect information that identifies, reasonably relates to or describes you (“Personal Information”). The categories of Personal Information that we collect include your name, government-issued identification number(s), email address, mailing address, other contact information, emergency contact information, employment history, educational history, criminal record, and demographic information. We collect and use those categories of Personal Information about you for human resources and other business management purposes, including identifying and evaluating you as a candidate for potential or future employment or future contract positions, recordkeeping in relation to recruiting and hiring, conducting criminal background checks as permitted by law, conducting analytics, and ensuring compliance with applicable legal requirements and Company policies.
Location Cincinnati, Ohio
The individual in this role will provide category analysis and business insights to Kroger in the areas of assortment, shelving and shopper insights to drive Seasonal category growth and to help deliver against Lindt USA’s business objectives. This includes developing and presenting compelling, insight based stories that support Lindt strategies and will make a direct impact in growing Lindt’s Seasonal chocolate business at Kroger. This role requires strong analytical capabilities, problem solving skills and storytelling ability.
Essential Job Functions/Key Accountabilities
- Act as a consultant to Kroger, providing unbiased recommendations to drive overall Seasonal category growth.
- Utilize space management software (JDA) to analyze and validate retailer planograms and to develop strategic planogram recommendations to help Kroger maximize sales.
- Synthesize multiple data sources including IRI, 84.51 and Shopper Insights & Research to craft compelling, concise and actionable selling stories.
- Play a leadership role in conducting category management reviews, analyzing business issues, and providing business insights and recommendations in the areas of assortment, merchandising, wayfinding and price partitions, to improve business results.
- Attend customer meetings to present analysis, trend information and category opportunities. Attendance may be in conjunction with the account manager or one on one with the buyer.
- Support the Brand Marketing team with Seasonal specific insights derived from Kroger data sources.
- Lead all analysis and reporting of results associated with Seasonal Kroger in-store product tests.
Sales & Marketing Support
- Influence the development of strategic sales and category action plans through the sharing of knowledge gained from customer specific shoppercard information. Help to establish priorities that are consistent with Lindt and key account goals and objectives, market share and overall category profitability.
- Provide sales managers with post event analytics and YOY implementation opportunities to drive the total seasonal confection category and Lindt brands in Kroger.
- Actively participate in weekly team calls or meetings with respective Sales managers and/or marketing.
Research and Analysis
- Serve as the expert on assigned accounts by fully understanding shopper motivations, triggers and barriers through available shopper card, insights or panel information.
- Be the information expert in the analysis of syndicated data, shopper card data, household panel data, and customer point of sale data, leading to key insights and business recommendations in the areas of item distribution and assortment.
- Action Oriented – Enjoys working hard; is action oriented and full of energy for things he/ she sees as challenging; not fearful of acting with a minimum of planning; seizes more opportunities than others.
- Perseverance – Pursues everything with energy, drive and a need to finish; seldom gives up before finishing, especially in the face of resistance or setbacks.
- Intellectual Horsepower – Is bright and intelligent; deals with concepts and complexity comfortably; described as intellectually sharp, capable and agile.
- Problem Solving – Uses rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions; probes all fruitful sources for answers; can see hidden problems; is excellent at honest analysis; looks beyond the obvious and doesn’t stop at the first answers.
- Peer Relationships – Can quickly find common ground and solve problems for the good of all; can represent his / her own interests and yet be fair to other groups; can solve problems with peers with a minimum of noise; is seen as a team player and is cooperative; easily gains trust and support of peers; encourages collaboration; can be candid with peers.
- Decision Quality – Makes good decisions (without considering how much time it takes) based on a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience and judgement; most of his / her solutions and suggestions turn out to be correct and accurate when judged over time; sought out by others for advice and solutions.
- Interpersonal Savvy – Relates well to all kinds of people – up, down and sideways, inside and outside the organization; builds appropriate rapport; builds constructive and effective relationships; uses diplomacy and tact; can defuse even high-tension situations comfortably.
As a multi-channel, fast-growing consumer goods company, we recognize that in a competitive market, hiring the right talent makes all the difference. To create happy and loyal Lindt consumers, we need to hire and retain empowered and results-driven Lindt employees. Our teams are comprised of inspired and dedicated professionals who stretch the boundaries of a typical career experience by living our Core Values and making a difference in our business every day. To learn more about our culture and teams, visit www.Jobs.LindtUSA.com.
Our Core Values:
- Passion For The Best - At Lindt we have pride and passion for what we do -- we aspire for excellence in everything.
- In It Together - At Lindt we are one team with a shared purpose -- we invest in our relationships and value each other.
- Always Evolving - At Lindt we shape our future -- we take opportunities to improve, adapt to change and build on our strengths.
- Make An Impact - At Lindt we take responsibility for driving results -- we focus on what matters to deliver on our commitments.
- Act Responsibly - At Lindt we act with integrity, treat others with respect, value diversity and care for the environment to create a sustainable tomorrow.
This job description is not exhaustive and the Company reserves the right to adjust the job description as well as ask employees to undertake additional or different job responsibilities. Lindt and Sprüngli is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, age, veteran status, or any other classification protected by state, local or federal law. Applicants for this position must successfully pass a background screening and may be required to pass drug screenings as well. All Lindt & Sprüngli (USA) Inc. properties are smoke and tobacco free.
Skills & Knowledge:
- Proficient computer skills; including extensive, advanced knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint.
- Strong analytical and reporting skills (Proficient in syndicated data IRI and/or Nielsen)
- Proficient in Category Management tools (eg JDA)
- Excellent written and oral communication.
- 3-5 years analytical experience.
- 3-5 years experience with one or more of the following:
- Retailer specific data (84.51 Stratum, Market6)
- 2+ years experience in a FCPG environment, preferred.
- Category Management experience required
- S. or B.A. degree
- MBA Preferred
- Travel ~10% of time
- This role is based in Cincinatti, OH
It is impossible to list every requirement for, or responsibility of, any position. Similarly we cannot identify all the skills a position may require since job responsibilities and the Company's needs may change over time. Therefore, the above job description is not comprehensive or exhaustive. The Company reserves the right to adjust, add to or eliminate any aspect of the above description. The Company also retains the right to require all employees to undertake additional or different job responsibilities when necessary to meet business needs.
Lindt & Sprungli USA is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability or have questions or require assistance with any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to careersUSA@lindt.com to include the nature of your inquiry and your contact information.