National Business Manager (Alternative Channels)Job ID 19-440
Location Chicago, Illinois
*Remote / Location Flexible*
The individual in this position is responsible for establishing and maintaining senior level customer relationships, establishing budgets, achieving and/or exceeding projected sales goals, developing accurate sales forecasts for the distribution of L&S product with his/her strategic account/division/channel responsibilities. In addition, this person will develop a trusted advisor role and ensure they meet the customer's needs, profitability goals, and strive to optimize efficiencies and profitability for Lindt and Sprungli (USA) .
Essential Job Functions/Key Accountabilities
Strategic Customer Management
- Develop and maintain joint strategic business planning relationships with our customers Corporate and Divisional Executive, Senior, Marketing and Logistics Management teams over and above the everyday requirements of the business (i.e. Category Managers, Buyers).
- Development and execution of strategic business plans using category management, in depth analysis, shopper and consumer insight, shopper marketing and P&L management to drive accelerated profitable growth for Lindt & Sprungli (USA) as well as bring added value to the strategic customer in these roles.
- Partnership development with our customer/divisions as the trusted advisor of premium chocolate within the total confectionary category.
- High visibility internally working collaboratively with the internal Sales, Marketing, D2C, Finance and Logistics teams.
- Optimize the company's competitive position; continually source new selling opportunities in an effort to achieve or exceed sales plan.
- Ensure the delivery of the appropriate product to customer/divisions in a timely and efficient manner to achieve forecasted sales figures and profit volume, while remaining within budgetary guidelines.
- Ensure customer/division/channel needs are met without compromising the defined L&S market channel strategy; market and sell products appropriate to the channel as defined within strategy guidelines.
- Partner with customer/divisions to develop and execute promotional sales programs in order to maximize sales and ROI.
- Responsible for executing short and long term strategic and tactical objectives that fully support brand-positioning strategies.
- Consistently exceed sales targets and deliver profitability while operating within budgetary constraints to contribute to the overall profitability of Lindt & Sprüngli (USA).
- Develop and recommend annual budget requirements to maximize profit levels within the defined area of responsibility.
- Develop assumptions and achieve accurate rolling sales forecasts to optimize production planning to maximize in store availability and minimize out of stock conditions.
- Responsible for effectively managing the utilization of Trade Promotion Funds to develop and expand business at assigned customers.
- Proactively manage customer deductions to a minimum and influence customer compliance to 30-day net invoicing.
- Develop and maintain a comprehensive understanding of the L&S product offering in order to optimize sales efforts and ensure fact based selling; champion new product initiatives, services and other relevant information of interest to customers.
- Monitor competitive activity and develop new methods of partnering with brokers and establishing new accounts.
Skills & Knowledge
- Excellent verbal, written and formal presentation skills
- Strong interpersonal and fact-based selling skills; results oriented
- Ability to develop accurate rolling forecasts, strategic problem solving and negotiation skills.
- Experience in category management and use of consumer and shopper insight.
- Ability to partner with customers in executing efficient shopper marketing programs.
- Excel at using analytics and insights to problem solve and provide solutions.
- Minimum 8 years field sales experience with demonstrated results.
- 3 years of senior level customer management experience.
- 3 Years Broker management experience.
- Bachelors degree
- Masters degree in related field
- Travel 40%
It is impossible to list every requirement for, or responsibility of, any position. Similarly we cannot identify all the skills a position may require since job responsibilities and the Company's needs may change over time. Therefore, the above job description is not comprehensive or exhaustive. The Company reserves the right to adjust, add to or eliminate any aspect of the above description. The Company also retains the right to require all employees to undertake additional or different job responsibilities when necessary to meet business needs.
Lindt and Sprüngli is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
Applicants for this position must successfully pass a background screening and may be required to pass drug screenings as well.