National Account Manager (Costco)Apply Now Job ID 17-539
Location Boston, Massachusetts
The individual in this position is responsible for the wholesale distribution of L&S product and achieving and/or exceeding projected key account sales and profitability goals. In addition, this person ensures the customer's needs are carefully addressed while balancing company sales objectives and limitations. This person will strive to optimize planning, communication, efficiencies and additional sales opportunities with Costco.
Essential Job Functions/Key Accountabilities
National Sales & Account Management
- Develop, motivate, manage, and maintain an effective relationship with COSTCO and optimize the company's competitive position; work closely with the customer to develop and maximize business opportunities in an effort to achieve or exceed sales plan.
- Render high-level, strategic presentations to COSTCO regional and corporate buying teams as a means to procure optimal distribution of wholesale products.
- Ensure COSTCO business needs are met without compromising the defined L&S market channel strategy; develop, market and sell products appropriate to the channel as defined within strategy guidelines by leveraging capacity and creativity of L&S Marketing and Creative resources
- Submit accurate forecasts to insure the delivery of the appropriate product to customers in a timely and efficient manner to achieve profitable volume, while remaining within budgetary guidelines.
- Partner with COSTCO to develop and execute promotional sales programs to include scheduling how funds will be allocated; plan with sufficient lead-time to ensure effective execution.
- Maintain effective and timely internal communication with key stakeholders to ensure adjustments to customer strategies are understood and available resources are aligned efficiently.
- Responsible for the management, deployment, engagement and performance of broker support team
- Consistently achieve sales goals and profitability while operating within budgetary constraints to contribute to the overall profitability of Lindt & Sprüngli (USA).
- Develop and recommend annual budget requirements to ensure plans are compelling, financially coherent, feasible and clearly communicated within the organization
- Develop and achieve accurate rolling sales forecasts to optimize production planning and availability
- Responsible for ensuring the effective utilization of Trade Promotion Funds to develop and expand business at COSTCO; fully document support plans in trade system and ensure timely tracking of deductions
- Continuously seek profitability optimization initiatives with the customer
- Within scope of responsibility respond to, and assist with keeping customer deductions to a minimum and influence customer compliance with payment terms.
- Develop and maintain a comprehensive understanding of the L&S product offering in order to optimize sales efforts and guarantee customer focused, fact based selling; remain up to date with new product initiatives, services and other relevant information of interest to customers.
- Stay abreast and communicate competitive activity within COSTCO so that L&S can react accordingly.
*This role is REMOTE, but the ideal candidate will be located near one of the eight Costco regional offices OR a major airport.*
Skills & Knowledge
- Strong interpersonal and fact-based selling skills; results-oriented
- Ability to develop accurate rolling forecasts, strategic problem solving and negotiation skills.
- Excellent verbal, written, analytical and formal presentation skills
- Creativity and understanding of product development process
- Minimum 5-8 years job specific criteria
- Minimum 2 years recently managing Costco business
- 3 plus years of Costco account leadership
- Bachelors degree
- Masters degree in related field
- Travel 25%-40%
It is impossible to list every requirement for, or responsibility of, any position. Similarly we cannot identify all the skills a position may require since job responsibilities and the Company's needs may change over time. Therefore, the above job description is not comprehensive or exhaustive. The Company reserves the right to adjust, add to or eliminate any aspect of the above description. The Company also retains the right to require all employees to undertake additional or different job responsibilities when necessary to meet business needs.
Lindt and Sprüngli is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
Applicants for this position must successfully pass a background screening and may be required to pass drug screenings as well.